Beer Drinking Scientists Podcast Relaunch

  • westius
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2009
      Hi all,

      Sorry for the self-promotion... Just a quick note to let you know of our new/old podcast "The Beer Drinking Scientists" - we did our last ep in 2007 and have now restarted:

      www.beerdrinkingscientists.com

      Join Darren Osborne and Marc West for a beer and a chat about the science around us. In each episode, the lads express their opinions on the scientific topic of the day, and then chat to the locals to see what they think. Both Marc and Darren spent far too long at university studying science and science communication, and now work in scientific fields.

      In the most recent episode, we have got back together over a beer to chat about the pressing scientific issues of the day - in this case, alien life. We chat about the latest scientific research and discoveries in areas such as astrobiology, SETI and exoplanets. We also chat to others in pub, including one person who swears she has seen not just one UFO, but a UFO release a baby-craft, and another who thinks that Jesus might be an alien...

      We'd love to hear ideas for future BDS episodes, so feel free to leave comments, or let us know on twitter - @bdscientists. We'll release new shows about every 2 months. Merry Christmas from The Beer Drinking Scientists - may your festive season be full of science and beer...

      Thanks all!
      marc