Re: [podcasters] Re: Using your iPhone to record and publish podcasts

  • Flyswatter
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 1, 2009
      I have a prepaid phone. I'm po'!
      --
      Laura Ross

      On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 10:07 AM, Michael B
      <michael.britt@...>wrote:

      > "Cinchcast" - love the name. Looks like a nice little iPhone app.
      >

      > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com <podcasters%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > "bobcharish" <bobcharish@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > The company I work for released an iPhone app which allows you to record
      > audio and publish to Facebook and Twitter or publish to a private folder.
      > >
      > > You can check it out at www.cinchcast.com
      > >
      > > Not trying to Spam just thought it could be useful for Podcasters to
      > record Interviews on the go.

    • Bob Charish
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 1, 2009
        From the Cinchcast.com hompage.

        Create a Cinch with your Phone
        Easily create audio Cinch updates using your phone in two easy steps.
        1. Set up your phone number here.
        2. Dial 1-646-200-0000 to create a Cinch.
        3. Listen to, download and share your Cinch on CinchCast.com.

        Bob Charish
        bobcharish@...

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 1, 2009
          I use the app fire recorder..it's a 10 dollar app..works great as a field recorder.. Worth the DL..

          Bill kennedy,

          Call my 84 hour hotline..at

          From the Cinchcast.com hompage.

          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 1, 2009
            Are there any advantages in using Fire Recorder over the standard Voice Memo
            app?

            On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 12:32 PM, Bill Kennedy <benchbrawl45@...>wrote:

            > I use the app fire recorder..it's a 10 dollar app..works great as a field
            > recorder.. Worth the DL..
            >
            > Bill kennedy,
            >
            > Call my 84 hour hotline..at
            >
            > On Dec 1, 2009, at 1:16 PM, Bob Charish <bobcharish@...<bobcharish%40yahoo.com>>
            > wrote:
            >
            > From the Cinchcast.com hompage.
            >
            > Create a Cinch with your Phone
            > Easily create audio Cinch updates using your phone in two easy steps.
            > 1. Set up your phone number here.
            > 2. Dial 1-646-200-0000 to create a Cinch.
            > 3. Listen to, download and share your Cinch on CinchCast.com.
            >
            > Bob Charish
            > bobcharish@... <bobcharish%40yahoo.com>
            >
            > ________________________________

          • magstheaxe
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 9, 2009
              Does this work with an iPod Touch?

              --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "bobcharish" <bobcharish@...> wrote:

              > The company I work for released an iPhone app which allows you to record audio and publish to Facebook and Twitter or publish to a private folder.
              >
              > You can check it out at www.cinchcast.com
              >
              > Not trying to Spam just thought it could be useful for Podcasters to record Interviews on the go.

            • madpoet_tarsis
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 9, 2009
                ITunes music store says it's compatible - but I expect you'd need a microphone of some sort. If you're using a 2G iTouch, you might try using an iPhone headset, or another similar one with the microphone built in to the headphone cord. I was using the iPhone headset with Skype on my iTouch 2G, and that worked. (I also used to bullseye womprats in my T-16 back home. Just sayin'.)

                --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "magstheaxe" <magstheaxe@...> wrote:

                > Does this work with an iPod Touch?
                >
                > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "bobcharish" <bobcharish@> wrote:
                > >
                > > The company I work for released an iPhone app which allows you to record audio and publish to Facebook and Twitter or publish to a private folder.
                > >
                > > You can check it out at www.cinchcast.com
                > >
                > > Not trying to Spam just thought it could be useful for Podcasters to record Interviews on the go.

              • Steve Riekeberg
                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 9, 2009
                  Yes--or at least theoretically, as I haven't used the application. The iPod
                  Touch (both generations) doesn't have a built-in microphone, and the first
                  generation Touch doesn't support an external microphone (it only has a TRS
                  jack, and not TRRS, the second ring being the microphone). However, the
                  second generation iPod Touch does, and should work with the microphone in
                  any iPhone compatible headset.

                  Steve Riekeberg
                  Host, Geek Cred
                  <http://www.geekcred.net>