Re: Using your iPhone to record and publish podcasts

  • Michael B
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 1, 2009
      "Cinchcast" - love the name. Looks like a nice little iPhone app.

      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "bobcharish" <bobcharish@...> wrote:

      > The company I work for released an iPhone app which allows you to record audio and publish to Facebook and Twitter or publish to a private folder.
      >
      > You can check it out at www.cinchcast.com
      >
      > Not trying to Spam just thought it could be useful for Podcasters to record Interviews on the go.

    • Flyswatter
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 1, 2009
        I have a prepaid phone. I'm po'!
        --
        Laura Ross

        On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 10:07 AM, Michael B
        <michael.britt@...>wrote:

        > "Cinchcast" - love the name. Looks like a nice little iPhone app.
        >

        > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com <podcasters%40yahoogroups.com>,
        > "bobcharish" <bobcharish@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > The company I work for released an iPhone app which allows you to record
        > audio and publish to Facebook and Twitter or publish to a private folder.
        > >
        > > You can check it out at www.cinchcast.com
        > >
        > > Not trying to Spam just thought it could be useful for Podcasters to
        > record Interviews on the go.

      • Bob Charish
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 1, 2009
          From the Cinchcast.com hompage.

          Create a Cinch with your Phone
          Easily create audio Cinch updates using your phone in two easy steps.
          1. Set up your phone number here.
          2. Dial 1-646-200-0000 to create a Cinch.
          3. Listen to, download and share your Cinch on CinchCast.com.

          Bob Charish
          bobcharish@...

          ________________________________
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 1, 2009
            I use the app fire recorder..it's a 10 dollar app..works great as a field recorder.. Worth the DL..

            Bill kennedy,

            Call my 84 hour hotline..at

            From the Cinchcast.com hompage.

            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 1, 2009
              Are there any advantages in using Fire Recorder over the standard Voice Memo
              app?

              On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 12:32 PM, Bill Kennedy <benchbrawl45@...>wrote:

              > I use the app fire recorder..it's a 10 dollar app..works great as a field
              > recorder.. Worth the DL..
              >
              > Bill kennedy,
              >
              > Call my 84 hour hotline..at
              >
              > On Dec 1, 2009, at 1:16 PM, Bob Charish <bobcharish@...<bobcharish%40yahoo.com>>
              > wrote:
              >
              > From the Cinchcast.com hompage.
              >
              > Create a Cinch with your Phone
              > Easily create audio Cinch updates using your phone in two easy steps.
              > 1. Set up your phone number here.
              > 2. Dial 1-646-200-0000 to create a Cinch.
              > 3. Listen to, download and share your Cinch on CinchCast.com.
              >
              > Bob Charish
              > bobcharish@... <bobcharish%40yahoo.com>
              >
              > ________________________________

            • magstheaxe
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 9, 2009
                Does this work with an iPod Touch?

                --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "bobcharish" <bobcharish@...> wrote:

                > The company I work for released an iPhone app which allows you to record audio and publish to Facebook and Twitter or publish to a private folder.
                >
                > You can check it out at www.cinchcast.com
                >
                > Not trying to Spam just thought it could be useful for Podcasters to record Interviews on the go.

              • madpoet_tarsis
                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 9, 2009
                  ITunes music store says it's compatible - but I expect you'd need a microphone of some sort. If you're using a 2G iTouch, you might try using an iPhone headset, or another similar one with the microphone built in to the headphone cord. I was using the iPhone headset with Skype on my iTouch 2G, and that worked. (I also used to bullseye womprats in my T-16 back home. Just sayin'.)

                  --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "magstheaxe" <magstheaxe@...> wrote:

                  > Does this work with an iPod Touch?
                  >
                  > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "bobcharish" <bobcharish@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > The company I work for released an iPhone app which allows you to record audio and publish to Facebook and Twitter or publish to a private folder.
                  > >
                  > > You can check it out at www.cinchcast.com
                  > >
                  > > Not trying to Spam just thought it could be useful for Podcasters to record Interviews on the go.

                • Steve Riekeberg
                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 9, 2009
                    Yes--or at least theoretically, as I haven't used the application. The iPod
                    Touch (both generations) doesn't have a built-in microphone, and the first
                    generation Touch doesn't support an external microphone (it only has a TRS
                    jack, and not TRRS, the second ring being the microphone). However, the
                    second generation iPod Touch does, and should work with the microphone in
                    any iPhone compatible headset.

                    Steve Riekeberg
                    Host, Geek Cred
                    <http://www.geekcred.net>