Re: [podcasters] Using your iPhone to record and publish podcasts

  • Shawn Thorpe
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 30, 2009
      I think the AudioBoo people are planning a Blackberry version. Though,
      that's still not a "from any phone" service. I think this Cinchcast thing
      can be used from any phone, though.

      On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 9:45 PM, Flyswatter <luara.mom@...> wrote:

      > I wish there was Audioboo for regular phones or non-iPhones.
      > --
      > Laura Ross
      >
      > Flyswatter Show podcast and blog
      > http://godlessradio.com/flyswatter
      > Voicemail: (678) 368-4935
      > email: flyswatter@... <flyswatter%40godlessradio.com>
      > Podcast feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/FlyswatterShow
      > Blog feed: http://godlessradio.com/flyswatter/feed/
      >
      > The Coffee And Tea Show podcast
      > http://coffeeandteashow.com
      > Listener hotline: (678) 368-4935
      > Skype: coffeeandteashow
      > coffeeandteashow@... <coffeeandteashow%40gmail.com>
      >
      > Rocky Horror Pod Show
      > http://rockyhorrorpodshow.libsyn.com
      > Listener Hotline: (678) 368-4935
      > rockypod@... <rockypod%40aim.com>
      > Join the Rockypod Google Group at http://groups.google.com/group/rockypod
      >

      > On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 12:39 AM, Shawn Thorpe <shawnogordo@...<shawnogordo%40gmail.com>>
      > wrote:
      >
      > > I've also used an iPhone app called AudioBoo that does something similar.
      > >
      > > On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 8:10 AM, bobcharish <bobcharish@...<bobcharish%40yahoo.com>>
      > wrote:
      > >

      > > > The company I work for released an iPhone app which allows you to
      > record
      > > > audio and publish to Facebook and Twitter or publish to a private
      > folder.
      > > >
      > > > You can check it out at www.cinchcast.com
      > > >
      > > > Not trying to Spam just thought it could be useful for Podcasters to
      > > record
      > > > Interviews on the go.
      > > >

      > > --
      >
      > > -Shawn Thorpe
      > > http://shawnogram.com/ - multimedia blog
      > > http://booksandwich.com/ - book reviews and more
      > > http://haikuoffrustration.com/ - submit your own!

      -Shawn Thorpe
      http://shawnogram.com/ - multimedia blog
      http://booksandwich.com/ - book reviews and more
      http://haikuoffrustration.com/ - submit your own!

    • Michael B
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 1, 2009
        "Cinchcast" - love the name. Looks like a nice little iPhone app.

        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "bobcharish" <bobcharish@...> wrote:

        > The company I work for released an iPhone app which allows you to record audio and publish to Facebook and Twitter or publish to a private folder.
        >
        > You can check it out at www.cinchcast.com
        >
        > Not trying to Spam just thought it could be useful for Podcasters to record Interviews on the go.

      • Flyswatter
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 1, 2009
          I have a prepaid phone. I'm po'!
          --
          Laura Ross

          On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 10:07 AM, Michael B
          <michael.britt@...>wrote:

          > "Cinchcast" - love the name. Looks like a nice little iPhone app.
          >

          > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com <podcasters%40yahoogroups.com>,
          > "bobcharish" <bobcharish@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > The company I work for released an iPhone app which allows you to record
          > audio and publish to Facebook and Twitter or publish to a private folder.
          > >
          > > You can check it out at www.cinchcast.com
          > >
          > > Not trying to Spam just thought it could be useful for Podcasters to
          > record Interviews on the go.

        • Bob Charish
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 1, 2009
            From the Cinchcast.com hompage.

            Create a Cinch with your Phone
            Easily create audio Cinch updates using your phone in two easy steps.
            1. Set up your phone number here.
            2. Dial 1-646-200-0000 to create a Cinch.
            3. Listen to, download and share your Cinch on CinchCast.com.

            Bob Charish
            bobcharish@...

            ________________________________
            I think the AudioBoo people are planning a Blackberry version. Though,
            that's still not a "from any phone" service. I think this Cinchcast thing
            can be used from any phone, though.

            On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 9:45 PM, Flyswatter <luara.mom@...> wrote:

            > I wish there was Audioboo for regular phones or non-iPhones.
            > --
            > Laura Ross
            >
            > Flyswatter Show podcast and blog
            > http://godlessradio.com/flyswatter
            > Voicemail: (678) 368-4935
            > email: flyswatter@... <flyswatter%40godlessradio.com>
            > Podcast feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/FlyswatterShow
            > Blog feed: http://godlessradio.com/flyswatter/feed/
            >
            > The Coffee And Tea Show podcast
            > http://coffeeandteashow.com
            > Listener hotline: (678) 368-4935
            > Skype: coffeeandteashow
            > coffeeandteashow@... <coffeeandteashow%40gmail.com>
            >
            > Rocky Horror Pod Show
            > http://rockyhorrorpodshow.libsyn.com
            > Listener Hotline: (678) 368-4935
            > rockypod@... <rockypod%40aim.com>
            > Join the Rockypod Google Group at http://groups.google.com/group/rockypod
            >

            > On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 12:39 AM, Shawn Thorpe <shawnogordo@...<shawnogordo%40gmail.com>>
            > wrote:
            >
            > > I've also used an iPhone app called AudioBoo that does something similar.
            > >
            > > On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 8:10 AM, bobcharish <bobcharish@...<bobcharish%40yahoo.com>>
            > wrote:
            > >

            > > > The company I work for released an iPhone app which allows you to
            > record
            > > > audio and publish to Facebook and Twitter or publish to a private
            > folder.
            > > >
            > > > You can check it out at www.cinchcast.com
            > > >
            > > > Not trying to Spam just thought it could be useful for Podcasters to
            > > record
            > > > Interviews on the go.
            > > >

            > > --
            >
            > > -Shawn Thorpe
            > > http://shawnogram.com/ - multimedia blog
            > > http://booksandwich.com/ - book reviews and more
            > > http://haikuoffrustration.com/ - submit your own!

            -Shawn Thorpe
            http://shawnogram.com/ - multimedia blog
            http://booksandwich.com/ - book reviews and more
            http://haikuoffrustration.com/ - submit your own!

          • Bill Kennedy
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 1, 2009
              I use the app fire recorder..it's a 10 dollar app..works great as a field recorder.. Worth the DL..

              Bill kennedy,

              Call my 84 hour hotline..at

              From the Cinchcast.com hompage.

              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 1, 2009
                Are there any advantages in using Fire Recorder over the standard Voice Memo
                app?

                On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 12:32 PM, Bill Kennedy <benchbrawl45@...>wrote:

                > I use the app fire recorder..it's a 10 dollar app..works great as a field
                > recorder.. Worth the DL..
                >
                > Bill kennedy,
                >
                > Call my 84 hour hotline..at
                >
                > On Dec 1, 2009, at 1:16 PM, Bob Charish <bobcharish@...<bobcharish%40yahoo.com>>
                > wrote:
                >
                > From the Cinchcast.com hompage.
                >
                > Create a Cinch with your Phone
                > Easily create audio Cinch updates using your phone in two easy steps.
                > 1. Set up your phone number here.
                > 2. Dial 1-646-200-0000 to create a Cinch.
                > 3. Listen to, download and share your Cinch on CinchCast.com.
                >
                > Bob Charish
                > bobcharish@... <bobcharish%40yahoo.com>
                >
                > ________________________________

              • magstheaxe
                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 9, 2009
                  Does this work with an iPod Touch?

                  --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "bobcharish" <bobcharish@...> wrote:

                  > The company I work for released an iPhone app which allows you to record audio and publish to Facebook and Twitter or publish to a private folder.
                  >
                  > You can check it out at www.cinchcast.com
                  >
                  > Not trying to Spam just thought it could be useful for Podcasters to record Interviews on the go.

                • madpoet_tarsis
                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 9, 2009
                    ITunes music store says it's compatible - but I expect you'd need a microphone of some sort. If you're using a 2G iTouch, you might try using an iPhone headset, or another similar one with the microphone built in to the headphone cord. I was using the iPhone headset with Skype on my iTouch 2G, and that worked. (I also used to bullseye womprats in my T-16 back home. Just sayin'.)

                    --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "magstheaxe" <magstheaxe@...> wrote:

                    > Does this work with an iPod Touch?
                    >
                    > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "bobcharish" <bobcharish@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > The company I work for released an iPhone app which allows you to record audio and publish to Facebook and Twitter or publish to a private folder.
                    > >
                    > > You can check it out at www.cinchcast.com
                    > >
                    > > Not trying to Spam just thought it could be useful for Podcasters to record Interviews on the go.

                  • Steve Riekeberg
                    Message 9 of 12 , Dec 9, 2009
                      Yes--or at least theoretically, as I haven't used the application. The iPod
                      Touch (both generations) doesn't have a built-in microphone, and the first
                      generation Touch doesn't support an external microphone (it only has a TRS
                      jack, and not TRRS, the second ring being the microphone). However, the
                      second generation iPod Touch does, and should work with the microphone in
                      any iPhone compatible headset.

                      Steve Riekeberg
                      Host, Geek Cred
                      <http://www.geekcred.net>