Re: [podcasters] Re: can any body help a new Apple User?

  • zzipp
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 3, 2009
      Thanks for your help.
      I will check Ebay.
      Zzippster
      Sent from my BlackBerry Curve� wireless device

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 3, 2009
        On Tue 2009-11-03 19:45:15 UTC-0000, zzippster (zzippster@...) wrote:

        > Running Mac OSX Version 10.3.9
        >
        > > > I just got an Apple Mac Power PC G4 (2.8) (768 MEG SD RAM) and
        > > > wondered what I would have to do to make it work with Garageband?

        From memory, 10.3.9 was the last OS X version you could install on the
        G3s. But if you have a G4, I suspect you can upgrade to a more recent
        version of OS X, and that may give you more options WRT Garageband.

        Disclaimer: I am not a Mac expert :-)

        Regards
        Andrew
      • Ben Straw
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 3, 2009
          You can upgrade to 10.5 on a G4. I would also think of doing some upgrades to the hardware. 1gb of ram or more should work great and a new ATA Hard Drive, 120 - 160 GB @ 7200 rpm, much faster than a stock 5400

          Ben Straw
          Ben's Tech Show - http://www.BensTechShow.com
          How 2 Podcast - http://www.how2podcast.com
          Mac Tip Podcast - http://www.MacTipPodcast.com
          Phone: 1-304-449-GEEK
          Skype: n3bb3n
          Twitter: twitter.com/nebben

          ________________________________
          > > > I just got an Apple Mac Power PC G4 (2.8) (768 MEG SD RAM) and
          > > > wondered what I would have to do to make it work with Garageband?

          From memory, 10.3.9 was the last OS X version you could install on the
          G3s. But if you have a G4, I suspect you can upgrade to a more recent
          version of OS X, and that may give you more options WRT Garageband.

          Disclaimer: I am not a Mac expert :-)

          Regards
          Andrew

        • Bob Crandall
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 4, 2009
            I tried GB on my powerbook G4, but it had a limit on the number of measures. So I went to Audacity, Now I have a Mac mini, but I still use Audacity for recording my podcast, much easier editing. I use GB for my voice over and narration work. I didn't know that 10.5 would work on a G4, but I would still use Audacity for podcasting. It's a free download and easy to learn and use. http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
            Bob Crandallhttp://www.atvstoday.net