iTunes image in directory

  • Jane Markham
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 30, 2009
      Hi Dave,

      I had the same problem a couple of months back.  I checked my xml with a fine tooth comb and compared it with other podcasts I publish which were successfully displaying the artwork to see if I could spot a difference. I couldn't but I pinged some variations anyway...

      I eventually gave up. Fortunately my client was less interested in the Podcast aspect of the audio than using it on their website...phew. It was probably a month later that I idly checked back and found that the image had turned up! I understand that Apple has had an 'issue' with its artwork refreshing process.

      So - it's there in the listings a last and I expect yours will eventually find its way through the system but if anyone can tell me how you get the album artwork to show up in the moving tiles view, once people have subscribed to the podcast, I'd be really grateful...

      Jane
      Jane Markham
      Podcats
      Bronze Sony Radio Academy Award winner 2009
      for Best Internet Programme - RSPB Nature's Voice
      Producer
      www.podcats.co.uk
      0845 25 75 170

      This email is confidential and may well also be legally privileged.
      If you have received this email in error, you are in notice of its status.
      Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete
      this message from your system. Please do not copy or use it for any
      purposes, or disclose its contents to any other person: to do so
      could be a breach of confidence.
      Thank you for your co-operation.

      sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of Podcats LLP or its associated companies.
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1, 2009
        It did. First it showed up on the acutaly podcast page (but not in the search results). I am assuming it will eventually appear.

        Dave
        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Jane Markham <jane@...> wrote:

        > Hi Dave,
        >
        > I had the same problem a couple of months back.  I checked my xml with a fine tooth comb and compared it with other podcasts I publish which were successfully displaying the artwork to see if I could spot a difference. I couldn't but I pinged some variations anyway...
        >
        > I eventually gave up. Fortunately my client was less interested in the Podcast aspect of the audio than using it on their website...phew. It was probably a month later that I idly checked back and found that the image had turned up! I understand that Apple has had an 'issue' with its artwork refreshing process.
        >
        > So - it's there in the listings a last and I expect yours will eventually find its way through the system but if anyone can tell me how you get the album artwork to show up in the moving tiles view, once people have subscribed to the podcast, I'd be really grateful...
        >
        > Jane
        > Jane Markham
        > Podcats
        > Bronze Sony Radio Academy Award winner 2009
        > for Best Internet Programme - RSPB Nature's Voice
        > Producer
        > www.podcats.co.uk
        > 0845 25 75 170
        >

        > This email is confidential and may well also be legally privileged.
        > If you have received this email in error, you are in notice of its status.
        > Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete
        > this message from your system. Please do not copy or use it for any
        > purposes, or disclose its contents to any other person: to do so
        > could be a breach of confidence.
        > Thank you for your co-operation.

        > sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of Podcats LLP or its associated companies.

      • handyguyspodcast
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 2, 2009
          OK - I need to ask a dumb question. What image? Isn't the image in the iTunes listing embedded in the mp3 meta? Can I push other images up to iTunes?

          --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <jacksongei@...> wrote:

          > I've submitted two new podcast to iTunes. I'm using feedburner, and I'm made sure the URL to the image is correct. The podcasts have been accepted into iTunes, but the image doesn't show. I'm using 600X600 jpg in one and as a troubleshooting tactic I switch to 300X300 jpg in the other. I checked to make sure the tags are in my feed (again its feedburner this is almost automatic if you activate the right stuff).
          >
          > Any ideas? An issue with Apple?
          >
          > Dave Jackson
          > www.schoolofpodcasting.com

        • Dave
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 2, 2009
            No there is an image in each episode that is in the ID3 tags. Then there is an image that is shown in your listeing in the iTunes directory. The good news is, you just need patience. Currently the image shows up on my listing, but not in search results (the smaller one). I'm sure everything will eventually trickle in.