Re: [podcasters] iTunes New URL and Wordpress

  • Ben Straw
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 24, 2009
      PowerPress does this really well

      Ben Straw
      Ben's Tech Show - http://www.BensTechShow.com
      How 2 Podcast - http://www.how2podcast.com
      Mac Tip Podcast - http://www.MacTipPodcast.com
      Phone: 1-304-449-GEEK
      Skype: n3bb3n
      Twitter: twitter.com/nebben

      ________________________________
      From: Dave <jacksongei@...>
      To: podcasters@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 4:54:52 PM
      Subject: [podcasters] iTunes New URL and Wordpress

      I have someone else who wants to use the <itunes:new- feed-url> in Wordpress. Anybody know of a plugin that will easily insert this into the feed? As the RSS feed is generated dynamically (right?) there is no physical feed to edit and add this code. I had a conversation with Angelo from blubrry and I think he said just adding the iTunes URL into the powerpress plugin will do the trick. As its looking at wordpress you can tell it to look at feedburner (which is what this person wants to do). Any other ideas of "editing" the RSS feed from Wordpress. I jsut did this on someone who had an actual xml file (still waiting for iTUnes to update). That would be question 2, how long does it take once you reping iTunes. Any insights?

      Dave Jackson
      www.schoolofpodcati ng.com