Comments on ID3 TagIt ???

  • Joseph Puentes
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 20, 2009
      With regards to ID3 Tags:

      In ID3 TagIT there is an area for comments and I'm just wondering where,
      how and who can access those comments? ALSO if you add a picture is that
      picture ONLY available on an ipod or how will that picture be seen?

      thanks for your help and I hope you all and your shows are doing well.

      joseph

      ======================

      Joseph Puentes
      NoMeat@...
      http://h2opodcast.com/vsse.html (Vegan Environmental Solutions Podcast)
      http://h2opodcast.com (Environmental Podcast)
      http://h2opodcast.blogspot.com (Blog for above)
      http://PleaseListenToYourMom.com (Women's Peace Podcast)
      http://NuestraFamiliaUnida.com (Latin American History Podcast)
      http://NuestrosRanchos.com (Jalisco, Zacatecas, and Aguascalientes
      Genealogy)
    • Mike S
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 20, 2009
        The Short answer is: Any Software or Hardware that can read the ID3 tags in question, will show them. Most Tags are defined in the "Standard".

        Both Comments and Picture/Cover Art are often read, or in some castes edited by other pieces of software. Winamp and PBTaggit can write both of these. You need to insert Both if you're going to Produce a Podiobook.

        My Phones show Pictures when I play Mp3s.

        Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ID3

        Mike Sharpe
        www.MikeSharpeWriter.com

        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Puentes <makas@...> wrote:

        > With regards to ID3 Tags:
        >
        > In ID3 TagIT there is an area for comments and I'm just wondering where,
        > how and who can access those comments? ALSO if you add a picture is that
        > picture ONLY available on an ipod or how will that picture be seen?
        >
        > thanks for your help and I hope you all and your shows are doing well.
        >
        > joseph
        >
        > ======================
        >
        > Joseph Puentes
        > NoMeat@...
        > http://h2opodcast.com/vsse.html (Vegan Environmental Solutions Podcast)
        > http://h2opodcast.com (Environmental Podcast)
        > http://h2opodcast.blogspot.com (Blog for above)
        > http://PleaseListenToYourMom.com (Women's Peace Podcast)
        > http://NuestraFamiliaUnida.com (Latin American History Podcast)
        > http://NuestrosRanchos.com (Jalisco, Zacatecas, and Aguascalientes
        > Genealogy)

      • Ben Straw
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 20, 2009
          Anyone can access those comments by looking at the properties under Windows or get info if you have a Mac
          I use the comment field for my web site address since it should only give you one line to write in. That is where the lyrics field comes in handy for putting the show notes in.
          Pictures show up on all types of players and devices, My Nokia 5310 media phone shows the album art quite well.

          Ben Straw
          Ben's Tech Show - http://www.BensTechShow.com
          How 2 Podcast - http://www.how2podcast.com
          Mac Tip Podcast - http://www.MacTipPodcast.com
          Phone: 1-304-449-GEEK
          Skype: n3bb3n
          Twitter: twitter.com/nebben

          In ID3 TagIT there is an area for comments and I'm just wondering where,
          how and who can access those comments? ALSO if you add a picture is that
          picture ONLY available on an ipod or how will that picture be seen?

          thanks for your help and I hope you all and your shows are doing well.

          joseph

          Joseph Puentes
          NoMeat@h2opodcast. com