Re: [podcasters] Recomendations for Podiobooks set up

  • Dan Hughes
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 14, 2009
      Mike, I have an audio board with both 1/4-inch and XLR inputs, and when I
      plugged a mic into the 1/4-inch jack, the volume was WAY low. Somebody
      told me that the 1/4-inch jack has a different impedance that does not
      match with microphones.

      That might be your problem, too. Try a mic with an XLR plug (a dynamic,
      not a condenser) and see if the problem goes away!

      ---Dan, http://danhughes.net
    • windytwit
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 14, 2009
        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Dan Hughes <danhughes@...> wrote:

        > Mike, I have an audio board with both 1/4-inch and XLR inputs, and when I
        > plugged a mic into the 1/4-inch jack, the volume was WAY low. Somebody
        > told me that the 1/4-inch jack has a different impedance that does not
        > match with microphones.
        >
        > That might be your problem, too. Try a mic with an XLR plug (a dynamic,
        > not a condenser) and see if the problem goes away!
        >
        > ---Dan, http://danhughes.net

        I may buy a XLR Lead, just because it is a XLR Plug on the Base of Mic.

        Someone has privatly suggested a Getting a Zoom H2. I'm tempted, but limted by the price. What do you guy think?