Re: iTunes Submission

  • AmeriNZ
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 9, 2009
      I posted a 30 second promo and that was all I needed for iTunes. I left it on the feed so anyone finding it before I posted episodes would have some idea what the podcast was all about.

      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, matt1027 <box1027@...> wrote:

      > I was reading the iTunes info on podcast submission and saw that a
      > podcast might be rejected for lack of episodes.
      >
      > http://www.apple.com/itunes/whatson/podcasts/specs.html#queue
      >
      > Any recommendations on how many episodes I should have available
      > before I submit to the iTunes Store?
      >
      > Also, how long does it usually take to get approved?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Matt

    • matt1027
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 9, 2009
        At 08:04 AM 9/9/2009, you wrote:
        >I posted a 30 second promo and that was all I needed for iTunes. I
        >left it on the feed so anyone finding it before I posted episodes
        >would have some idea what the podcast was all about.

        Thank you.

        Do you recall how long it took to get approved?

        Matt
      • Flyswatter
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 9, 2009
          Generally getting approved by iTunes takes no more than a day or two. If it
          takes longer, you've probably done something wrong with the coding on your
          feed. I can't imagine that Apple hires an employee to sit down and listen to
          each new podcast to make sure it's a real podcast--my best guess is it's
          done with software.
          --
          Laura Ross

        • Ben Straw
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 10, 2009
            My first podcast took about a week and a half, the other took 15 hours, I think it all depends on if its a weekend or a holiday when you submit the podcast.
            Now how long does your podcast stay on itunes after you stop podcasting! all depends on when and if apple cleans house. You should receive an email when they are, the email will ask if you still want the feed on itunes before they kill it.

            Ben Straw
            Ben's Tech Show - http://www.BensTechShow.com
            How 2 Podcast - http://www.How2Podcast.com
            Mac Tip Podcast - http://www.MacTipPodcast.com