iTunes Submission

  • matt1027
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 8, 2009
      I was reading the iTunes info on podcast submission and saw that a
      podcast might be rejected for lack of episodes.

      http://www.apple.com/itunes/whatson/podcasts/specs.html#queue

      Any recommendations on how many episodes I should have available
      before I submit to the iTunes Store?

      Also, how long does it usually take to get approved?

      Thanks,
      Matt
    • Flyswatter
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 8, 2009
        I have found that even having a short little test recording in the feed is
        enough to set up the iTunes listing, and then you can throw it away after
        Apple approves your podcast.
        --
        Laura Ross

        Flyswatter Show podcast and blog
        http://godlessradio.com/flyswatter
        Voicemail: (678) 368-4935
        email: flyswatter@...
        Podcast feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/FlyswatterShow
        Blog feed: http://godlessradio.com/flyswatter/feed/

        The Coffee And Tea Show podcast
        http://coffeeandteashow.com
        Listener hotline: (678) 368-4935
        Skype: coffeeandteashow
        coffeeandteashow@...

        Rocky Horror Pod Show
        http://rockyhorrorpodshow.libsyn.com
        Listener Hotline: (678) 368-4935
        rockypod@...
        Join the Rockypod Google Group at http://groups.google.com/group/rockypod

        On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 1:05 PM, matt1027 <box1027@...> wrote:

        > I was reading the iTunes info on podcast submission and saw that a
        > podcast might be rejected for lack of episodes.
        >
        > http://www.apple.com/itunes/whatson/podcasts/specs.html#queue
        >
        > Any recommendations on how many episodes I should have available
        > before I submit to the iTunes Store?
        >
        > Also, how long does it usually take to get approved?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Matt

      • AmeriNZ
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 9, 2009
          I posted a 30 second promo and that was all I needed for iTunes. I left it on the feed so anyone finding it before I posted episodes would have some idea what the podcast was all about.

          --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, matt1027 <box1027@...> wrote:

          > I was reading the iTunes info on podcast submission and saw that a
          > podcast might be rejected for lack of episodes.
          >
          > http://www.apple.com/itunes/whatson/podcasts/specs.html#queue
          >
          > Any recommendations on how many episodes I should have available
          > before I submit to the iTunes Store?
          >
          > Also, how long does it usually take to get approved?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Matt

        • matt1027
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 9, 2009
            At 08:04 AM 9/9/2009, you wrote:
            >I posted a 30 second promo and that was all I needed for iTunes. I
            >left it on the feed so anyone finding it before I posted episodes
            >would have some idea what the podcast was all about.

            Thank you.

            Do you recall how long it took to get approved?

            Matt
          • Flyswatter
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 9, 2009
              Generally getting approved by iTunes takes no more than a day or two. If it
              takes longer, you've probably done something wrong with the coding on your
              feed. I can't imagine that Apple hires an employee to sit down and listen to
              each new podcast to make sure it's a real podcast--my best guess is it's
              done with software.
              --
              Laura Ross

            • Ben Straw
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 10, 2009
                My first podcast took about a week and a half, the other took 15 hours, I think it all depends on if its a weekend or a holiday when you submit the podcast.
                Now how long does your podcast stay on itunes after you stop podcasting! all depends on when and if apple cleans house. You should receive an email when they are, the email will ask if you still want the feed on itunes before they kill it.

                Ben Straw
                Ben's Tech Show - http://www.BensTechShow.com
                How 2 Podcast - http://www.How2Podcast.com
                Mac Tip Podcast - http://www.MacTipPodcast.com