Newbie to WordpressPodcast Plugin

  • windytwit
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2009
      I've got Wordpress installed in my site, at www.mikesharpewriter.com . It's the version of WordPress that Allows you to install plugins.

      What Podcast Plugins are there? and Which would you recommend to a person who's had little experience with Wordpress.
    • jdsugardaddies
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2009
        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "windytwit" <windytwit@...> wrote:

        > I've got Wordpress installed in my site, at www.mikesharpewriter.com . It's the version of WordPress that Allows you to install plugins.
        >
        > What Podcast Plugins are there? and Which would you recommend to a person who's had little experience with Wordpress.

        If its audio and want things simple use the "Audio Player" however I don't think this installs through the Wordpress interface (you have to download it and unzip it and reupload it).

        If you want more options (like the ability to use Podtrac) check out "PowerPress" from Blubrry.com (which also lets you use their stats).

        I typically do my "iTunes stuff" in feedburner.com

        Dave Jackson
        www.schoolofpodcasting.com
      • Walt Snider
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 2, 2009
          The first thing you need to get is PowerPress. Make sure you get an API key and get Askimet ready.

          Here are the other plugins I use:
          All in One SEO Pack
          Easy Admin Color Schemes
          Google XML Sitemaps
          Page Links To (really handy if you want one of your page links to go to some other page like forums)
          TwitterPost
          Ultimate Google Analytics
          WordPress Database Backup (handy - emails you a database backup on a schedule!)

          I use a couple more here and there, but for the most part, this is the core. Look in to some add to bookmarks/social (I like sociable, but didn't install it yet) for promotion.

          Walt Snider
          phone: (954) SPY-NEWS
          email: walt@...
          web: www.WaltSnider.com
          blog: www.OffTheWalt.com
          podcasts: www.KoreNewMedia.com

          To: podcasters@yahoogroups.com
          From: windytwit@...
          Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 14:42:57 +0000
          Subject: [podcasters] Newbie to WordpressPodcast Plugin

          I've got Wordpress installed in my site, at www.mikesharpewriter.com . It's the version of WordPress that Allows you to install plugins.

          What Podcast Plugins are there? and Which would you recommend to a person who's had little experience with Wordpress.

        • Ben Straw
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 2, 2009
            I use about the same plugins as Walt
            Here are some extras that I use

            Add to Any: Share/Bookmark/Email Button
            Bird Feeder - Twitter Poster (Had some bugs about 5 months ago but the Dev fixed them)
            Google Adsense for Feeds - You got to make money right?
            Redirection - for counting affiliate my links
            StatPressCN - Better blog stats than what you would get from the hosts software (Does not count downloads :( )
            SI CAPTCHA - Captcha image
            WP Ajax Edit Comments - Allows said commenter to edit the comments they just posted
            WP-Polls - Poll
            WP Security Scan - Security vs. Obscurity

            ________________________________

            email: walt@waltsnider. com

            To: podcasters@yahoogro ups.com
            From: windytwit@yahoo. co.uk
            Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 14:42:57 +0000

            I've got Wordpress installed in my site, at www.mikesharpewrite r.com . It's the version of WordPress that Allows you to install plugins.

            What Podcast Plugins are there? and Which would you recommend to a person who's had little experience with Wordpress.

            HotmailĀ® is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast.
            http://windowslive. com/online/ hotmail?ocid= PID23391: :T:WLMTAGL: ON:WL:en- US:WM_HYGN_ faster:082009

          • Walt Snider
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 6, 2009
              Thanks, Ben, I added AdSense. :)