Album artwork for podcasts on the ipod

  • marcwestius
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 24, 2009
      Hi guys,

      I have an issue that I can't quite seem to solve concerning album artwork for my podcast.

      I host my mp3s with libsyn (http://www.mrscienceshow.libsyn.com) and burn the feed thru feedburner (http://feeds2.feedburner.com/MrSciencePodcast)

      My album artwork shows up fine in itunes, on both the actual podcast page, in the various directories and in the itunes search. The artwork also shows up fine when you play the actual mp3 (ie the artwork is also in the ID tag).

      However... when I go to the "podcasts" menu on my ipod and see my list of podcasts, there is no album art, whilst there is for most of the other podcasts I have downloaded. This is true for other people also, so it doesnt seem to be simply my ipod not updating.

      Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? The image I use is 300x300 and I think I've followed all the instructions, and the itunes album art bit looks ok in the xml. The one thing I can think of is that there is an issue between feedburner and libsyn. Any ideas?

      Cheers,
      marc

      www.mrscienceshow.com
    • Ben Straw
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 24, 2009
        what gen is the ipod?
        I do know itunes now wants 600x600 artwork but the old 300x300 should still work

        ________________________________
[...]

      • David Grizzly Smith
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 24, 2009
          A quick Google for "ipod album art size" comes back with "140 X 140 for
          full size and 56 X 56 for thumbnail." I know on Podiobooks we've been
          expected to provide album art 144 X 212 or thereabouts, though the latest
          standard allows for up to 300 X 300. So it might be a size problem.
          Worth a try, perhaps.

          It was 25 Aug 2009, when marcwestius commented:

          > Hi guys,
          >
          > I have an issue that I can't quite seem to solve concerning album artwork
          > for my podcast.
          >
          > I host my mp3s with libsyn (http://www.mrscienceshow.libsyn.com) and burn
          > the feed thru feedburner (http://feeds2.feedburner.com/MrSciencePodcast)
          >
          > My album artwork shows up fine in itunes, on both the actual podcast page,
          > in the various directories and in the itunes search. The artwork also shows
          > up fine when you play the actual mp3 (ie the artwork is also in the ID
          > tag).
          >
          > However... when I go to the "podcasts" menu on my ipod and see my list of
          > podcasts, there is no album art, whilst there is for most of the other
          > podcasts I have downloaded. This is true for other people also, so it
          > doesnt seem to be simply my ipod not updating.
          >
          > Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? The image I use is
          > 300x300 and I think I've followed all the instructions, and the itunes
          > album art bit looks ok in the xml. The one thing I can think of is that
          > there is an issue between feedburner and libsyn. Any ideas?
          >
          > Cheers,
          > marc
          >
          > www.mrscienceshow.com

          grizzly at grizzlysgrowls dot com
          Grizzly's Podcasts & Stories: <http://grizzlysgrowls.com>
          Live shows on BTR: <http://live.grizzlysgrowls.com>
        • Flyswatter
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 24, 2009
            Are you pulling the artwork onto the MP3 before you upload it?
            --
            Laura Ross

            Flyswatter Show podcast and blog
            http://godlessradio.com/flyswatter
            Voicemail: (678) 368-4935
            email: flyswatter@...
            Podcast feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/FlyswatterShow
            Blog feed: http://godlessradio.com/flyswatter/feed/

            The Coffee And Tea Show podcast
            http://coffeeandteashow.com
            Listener hotline: (678) 368-4935
            Skype: coffeeandteashow
            coffeeandteashow@...

            Rocky Horror Pod Show
            http://rockyhorrorpodshow.libsyn.com
            Listener Hotline: (678) 368-4935
            rockypod@...
            Join the Rockypod Google Group at http://groups.google.com/group/rockypod

            On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 9:25 PM, marcwestius <westius@...> wrote:

            > Hi guys,
            >
            > I have an issue that I can't quite seem to solve concerning album artwork
            > for my podcast.
            >
            > I host my mp3s with libsyn (http://www.mrscienceshow.libsyn.com) and burn
            > the feed thru feedburner (http://feeds2.feedburner.com/MrSciencePodcast)
            >
            > My album artwork shows up fine in itunes, on both the actual podcast page,
            > in the various directories and in the itunes search. The artwork also shows
            > up fine when you play the actual mp3 (ie the artwork is also in the ID tag).
            >
            > However... when I go to the "podcasts" menu on my ipod and see my list of
            > podcasts, there is no album art, whilst there is for most of the other
            > podcasts I have downloaded. This is true for other people also, so it doesnt
            > seem to be simply my ipod not updating.
            >
            > Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? The image I use is
            > 300x300 and I think I've followed all the instructions, and the itunes album
            > art bit looks ok in the xml. The one thing I can think of is that there is
            > an issue between feedburner and libsyn. Any ideas?
            >
            > Cheers,
            > marc
            >
            > www.mrscienceshow.com

          • marcwestius
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 24, 2009
              yep I am.

              the problem is not with the mp3 itself (the image shows up when you play the mp3) - the artwork doesnt show up in the podcasts menu on ipods

              marc

              --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Flyswatter <luara.mom@...> wrote:

              > Are you pulling the artwork onto the MP3 before you upload it?
              > --
              > Laura Ross
              >
              > Flyswatter Show podcast and blog
              > http://godlessradio.com/flyswatter
              > Voicemail: (678) 368-4935
              > email: flyswatter@...
              > Podcast feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/FlyswatterShow
              > Blog feed: http://godlessradio.com/flyswatter/feed/
              >
              > The Coffee And Tea Show podcast
              > http://coffeeandteashow.com
              > Listener hotline: (678) 368-4935
              > Skype: coffeeandteashow
              > coffeeandteashow@...
              >
              > Rocky Horror Pod Show
              > http://rockyhorrorpodshow.libsyn.com
              > Listener Hotline: (678) 368-4935
              > rockypod@...
              > Join the Rockypod Google Group at http://groups.google.com/group/rockypod
              >

              > On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 9:25 PM, marcwestius <westius@...> wrote:
              >

              > > Hi guys,
              > >
              > > I have an issue that I can't quite seem to solve concerning album artwork
              > > for my podcast.
              > >
              > > I host my mp3s with libsyn (http://www.mrscienceshow.libsyn.com) and burn
              > > the feed thru feedburner (http://feeds2.feedburner.com/MrSciencePodcast)
              > >
              > > My album artwork shows up fine in itunes, on both the actual podcast page,
              > > in the various directories and in the itunes search. The artwork also shows
              > > up fine when you play the actual mp3 (ie the artwork is also in the ID tag).
              > >
              > > However... when I go to the "podcasts" menu on my ipod and see my list of
              > > podcasts, there is no album art, whilst there is for most of the other
              > > podcasts I have downloaded. This is true for other people also, so it doesnt
              > > seem to be simply my ipod not updating.
              > >
              > > Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? The image I use is
              > > 300x300 and I think I've followed all the instructions, and the itunes album
              > > art bit looks ok in the xml. The one thing I can think of is that there is
              > > an issue between feedburner and libsyn. Any ideas?
              > >
              > > Cheers,
              > > marc
              > >
              > > www.mrscienceshow.com

            • marcwestius
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 1, 2009
                Thanks for this - it seems changing the image size hasn't worked either! My ipod is the 6th gen classic - 80Gb. I am perplexed...
                marc