Anyone help with problems downloading podcasts ?

  • kiddedav
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 14, 2009
      I am hoping that someone may be able to help with problems I am having downloading & listening to podcasts please.
      I use my mp3 player to download various podcasts using itunes.
      I often subscribe to a podcast and automatically receive it each day/week that I load itunes and 'refresh' the podcasts.
      These may download ok for a few days, then suddenly stop. I have re-subscribed and agian this may work for a few days but again stop working.
      I have wondered whether there is a limit to the number of programmes that can be subscribed to.
      Can anyone help me with this please ?

      The second problem concerns Windows Media player not displaying the podcasts that I know have been downloaded successfully using itunes.

      I have version 8.2.1.6 of itunes & 11.0.6001.7007 of Windows Media player.

      I asked the BBC without much joy, so would appreciate if anyone could help me.

      Thanks, Dave. - I'm in the UK if this is relevant.
    • Pat Cook
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 15, 2009
        What are you using for a podcatcher? I'm assuming iTunes, no?

        As for Windows Media Player, what's the issue there? I don't understand. Is it not showing the ID3 tag information (Or correct ID3 tag information)? If that's not it, then please explain because I don't think I'm the only one who's stumped & left scratching my head here.

        Better question, WHY are you even using WMP to play back MP3 files when Winamp is a MUCH better MP3 player for ANY computer?

        Your country is irrelevent.

        Nothing personal as we want to help, but we need more information & clarification as to what the problem is (At least I do anyways).

        Cheers :)

        Pat

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 16, 2009
          Pat,

          Thanks for getting back to me.

          I'm capturing podcasts using itunes.

          I load it up each day and look in the 'podcasts' library. I then hit the 'refresh' button and see the latest ones that I have subscribed to download.
          I see them downloading and see that they have been 'done'.

          I then load Windows Media Player to sync new files to my mp3 player, but some of the ones I have just downloaded in itunes are just not showing up in Media Player.

          I'm not that 'technical' and didnt realise that Winamp is better than Media Player - perhaps this is the answer ?

          Hope this helps,

          There is also the other problem I'm having in itunes, which is that I subscribe to a podcast which say produces daily editions - I get them say for a few days, then the next time I go in and 'refresh' my podcasts, they just don't automatically download, even though i know there are new versions available.

          --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Pat Cook <patsblogs@...> wrote:

          > What are you using for a podcatcher? I'm assuming iTunes, no?
          >
          > As for Windows Media Player, what's the issue there? I don't understand. Is it not showing the ID3 tag information (Or correct ID3 tag information)? If that's not it, then please explain because I don't think I'm the only one who's stumped & left scratching my head here.
          >
          > Better question, WHY are you even using WMP to play back MP3 files when Winamp is a MUCH better MP3 player for ANY computer?
          >
          > Your country is irrelevent.
          >
          > Nothing personal as we want to help, but we need more information & clarification as to what the problem is (At least I do anyways).
          >
          > Cheers :)
          >
          > Pat

        • matt1027
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 17, 2009
            You wrote:

            I'm capturing podcasts using itunes.
            I load it up each day and look in the 'podcasts' library. I then hit
            the 'refresh' button and see the latest ones that I have subscribed
            to download.
            I see them downloading and see that they have been 'done'.
            I then load Windows Media Player to sync new files to my mp3 player,
            but some of the ones I have just downloaded in itunes are just not
            showing up in Media Player.
            There is also the other problem I'm having in itunes, which is that I
            subscribe to a podcast which say produces daily editions - I get them
            say for a few days, then the next time I go in and 'refresh' my
            podcasts, they just don't automatically download, even though i know
            there are new versions available.

            In regard to Media Player not showing your new programs, you may have
            to go: File > Add To Library and then click on OK to get Media
            Player to re-scan the folders you are monitoring.

            In regard to iTunes not automatically downloading your new episodes,
            click on the Settings button at the bottom of the page of podcast
            subscriptions and see what iTunes is set to do when new episodes are
            available. There are three choices, Download all, Download most
            recent, or Do nothing.

            Matt