Paid Podcast Producers

  • Calvin Powers
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 13, 2009
      Greetings,

      I'm looking to interview 3-4 people who are getting paid to produce a
      podcast for someone else. Any suggestions of people to talk to or better
      yet, a directory of such folks would be wonderful. I'm in the process of
      digging through podcast411's directory. But most seem to be self-produced
      prodcasts.

      Thanks,
      Calvin

    • Martin McKeay
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 13, 2009
        I've never been directly paid to produce a podcast for someone else, however
        I was the 'podcast sponsor' for the FIRST.org conference in Kyoto, Japan
        this summer. This meant that I interviewed a number of security
        professionals for them leading up to the conference, they paid for my travel
        to and lodging in Kyoto and recorded a number of interviews on site (12, I
        think). They did not pay me directly, but the trip was one of the best
        vacations and podcasting experiences I've ever had.

        Martin
        Martin McKeay
        CISSP, GSNA, QSA
        Network Security Blog and Podcast
        http://www.mckeay.net
        http://netsecpodcast.com
        Twitter: @McKeay
        Cell: 707-495-7926

        On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 8:34 AM, Calvin Powers <calvin@...> wrote:

        > Greetings,
        >
        > I'm looking to interview 3-4 people who are getting paid to produce a
        > podcast for someone else. Any suggestions of people to talk to or better
        > yet, a directory of such folks would be wonderful. I'm in the process of
        > digging through podcast411's directory. But most seem to be self-produced
        > prodcasts.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Calvin

      • Matthew Wayne Selznick
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 13, 2009
          On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 8:34 AM, Calvin Powers<calvin@...> wrote:
          > I'm looking to interview 3-4 people who are getting paid to produce a
          > podcast for someone else. Any suggestions of people to talk to or better
          > yet, a directory of such folks would be wonderful. I'm in the process of
          > digging through podcast411's directory. But most seem to be self-produced
          > prodcasts.

          I currently produce a weekly podcast for Web Talk Radio, "Crime
          Prevention 101" for one client and I'm in the process of producing a
          non-fiction podiobook for another. I've also recorded and produced a
          poetry audiobook for a third client. Finally, I've acted as a general
          consultant on podcasting, social media and related issues for
          individuals and companies like Gerber and Co. and Shout! Factory.

          I'm available! Let's talk -- contact me directly at
          mwselznick@... and we can set up a conversation.

          Best,

          --
          Matthew Wayne Selznick
          Author and DIY New Media Creator
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 13, 2009
            I have a few clients that I help in some fashion or another to produce their podcasts. Some I just do the show notes, others send me a script and I read and do the whole thing.

            Dave Jackson
            www.podcastfastpass.com
            www.schoolofpodcasting.com

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 13, 2009
              Thanks to all who responded, I've collected your e-mails and sites and will
              contact you off-list.

              Calvin

              On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 11:34 AM, Calvin Powers <calvin@...> wrote:

              > Greetings,
              >
              > I'm looking to interview 3-4 people who are getting paid to produce a
              > podcast for someone else. Any suggestions of people to talk to or better
              > yet, a directory of such folks would be wonderful. I'm in the process of
              > digging through podcast411's directory. But most seem to be self-produced
              > prodcasts.
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Calvin

            • David Smith
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 15, 2009
                Might talk to Neville Hobson, AKA @jangles on Twitter, one of the hosts of
                "For Immediate Release." He's mentioned to me he is paid to produce
                podcasts for some of his clients (he's a PR professional). Nice guy; he's
                been a guest on one of my shows.

                It was 13 Aug 2009, when Calvin Powers commented:

                --

                grizzly at grizzlysgrowls dot com
                Grizzly's Podcasts & Stories: <http://grizzlysgrowls.com>
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 18, 2009
                  I would be glad to talk to you if you like. I work with a number of clients
                  in the board game and RPG industry. Clients have included Mayfair Games,
                  The Game Manufacturer's Association, PSI (a fulfillment house), and a number
                  of others.
                  http://pulpgamer.com/

                  --
                  Don A. Dehm