Re: Mp3, Rockbox and Learn to podcast

  • Nancy Munro
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 12, 2009
      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "duhlman1" <duhlman@...> wrote:

      > Hey list, After much input from this and other lists (Thank You) I have my
      > webpage "How to Podcast" http://hearandthere.net/howtopodcast.aspx which has
      > instructions, software, and cheap Mp3 players qeared toward people who are blind
      > and Visually impaired. I don't sell anything just links, and the hope people
      > will subscribe to my podcast.I hope you find it helpful. Dave
      > http://hearandthere.net/howtopodcast.aspx
      > Mp3, Rockbox and Learn to podcast

      You may want to consider another alternative to help your sight impaired listeners access your podcasts. We use a platform that allows you to upload your audio file to a web tool that allows you to provid listeners with a phone number to call and they can listen to the podcast via the phone, no need for an MP3 player plus you can ask them to provide feedback at the end of the program and respond via the keypad on the phone. This system does charge a fee to you for each minute of listening time I think it's around .08 so depending upon how many people listen to your podcasts this way it could be a little additional cost or a lot. I've seen were this option is available for people who sell their content and the cost of the listening time is covered the price they are selling the content.