Mp3, Rockbox and Learn to podcast

  • duhlman1
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 11, 2009
      Hey list, After much input from this and other lists (Thank You) I have my
      webpage "How to Podcast" http://hearandthere.net/howtopodcast.aspx which has
      instructions, software, and cheap Mp3 players qeared toward people who are blind
      and Visually impaired. I don't sell anything just links, and the hope people
      will subscribe to my podcast.I hope you find it helpful. Dave
      http://hearandthere.net/howtopodcast.aspx
      Mp3, Rockbox and Learn to podcast
    • Rick Stringer
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 11, 2009
        I'd like to just comment a little about your site. First, this is a
        wonderful thing that you are trying to do here. Making it easier for
        the blind or visually impaired to listen to podcasts is awesome.

        As, a non-visually impaired person, I find your web site difficult to
        look at for very long. It is primarily the color choices and the
        variations in text size. You have white, red, black, blue, purple, and
        yellow type on a single page. On your "hot pod" page you add green and
        a background graphic behind the text. Then the text size is all over
        the place in the body.

        I'm just suggesting that if you tone those down a bit, your site will
        be much more effective.

        Good luck.

        Rick
        __________________________________
        Parsec Award Winner 2006, 2007, & 2008
        Variant Frequencies Podcast
        http://www.variantfrequencies.com
        The Failed Cities Monologues
        http://www.podiobooks.com/title/the-failed-cities-monologues/
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/VFRick
        Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/rick.stringer

        On Aug 11, 2009, at 11:52 AM, duhlman1 wrote:

        > Hey list, After much input from this and other lists (Thank You) I
        > have my
        > webpage "How to Podcast" http://hearandthere.net/howtopodcast.aspxwhich
        > has
        > instructions, software, and cheap Mp3 players qeared toward people
        > who are blind
        > and Visually impaired. I don't sell anything just links, and the
        > hope people
        > will subscribe to my podcast.I hope you find it helpful. Dave
        > http://hearandthere.net/howtopodcast.aspx
        > Mp3, Rockbox and Learn to podcast

      • Nancy Munro
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 12, 2009
          --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "duhlman1" <duhlman@...> wrote:

          > Hey list, After much input from this and other lists (Thank You) I have my
          > webpage "How to Podcast" http://hearandthere.net/howtopodcast.aspx which has
          > instructions, software, and cheap Mp3 players qeared toward people who are blind
          > and Visually impaired. I don't sell anything just links, and the hope people
          > will subscribe to my podcast.I hope you find it helpful. Dave
          > http://hearandthere.net/howtopodcast.aspx
          > Mp3, Rockbox and Learn to podcast

          You may want to consider another alternative to help your sight impaired listeners access your podcasts. We use a platform that allows you to upload your audio file to a web tool that allows you to provid listeners with a phone number to call and they can listen to the podcast via the phone, no need for an MP3 player plus you can ask them to provide feedback at the end of the program and respond via the keypad on the phone. This system does charge a fee to you for each minute of listening time I think it's around .08 so depending upon how many people listen to your podcasts this way it could be a little additional cost or a lot. I've seen were this option is available for people who sell their content and the cost of the listening time is covered the price they are selling the content.