Re: [podcasters] Question PodioBooks Authour Site

  • Matthew Wayne Selznick
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 6, 2009
      On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 3:24 PM, Mike Sharpe<windytwit@...> wrote:
      > I am working on a book for Podiobooks.com . I'm just about to finalize the
      > text. I want to make sure that I've got a site at least working in some
      > fashion before I hit record. I will want to refer to it in the Recordings.
      >
      > Things I would Like help:
      >
      > Places Buying Domain name? I'm limited to having SOLO Debit Bank Card. I can
      > use Pay Pal.
      >
      > Hosting? Note: that I am not hosting Big Files on the site, yet.
      >
      > Any Site stuff? I'd like to have ability to access the blog Via PDA, and to
      > Update the site from my own PDA
      >
      > Anything Else?

      I can help, Mike. I'll contact you directly.

      --
      Matthew Wayne Selznick
      Author and DIY New Media Creator
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 6, 2009
        Hi Mike,

        I can't help you with hosting, but if you can get your domain name from
        1plus1.com, that's the best place to buy it. Their prices are low ($6.99
        US for the first year, $9.99 US after that) and I've used them for
        several years with no problems.

        Good luck,

        ---Dan
      • Dave Jackson
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 7, 2009
          Domain name. Go to godaddy.com and use the coupon code cooler7 to get your domain name for $7.49. As for hosting I'm a big fan of Host Gator (www.coolerwebsites.com/hostgator ) and for hosting your files I either use Libsyn (great stats), or Amazon S3.

          Dave Jackson
          www.schoolofpodcasting.com
          www.podcastfastpass.com