press release

  • Jeri Unselt
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2009
      Hey everyone,
      I had a press release done in the regards of a contest I'm doing on my show
      The John Payne Fancast. Does anyone have any idea where I can send it to?

      Thanks!!!

      Jeri

      http://www.johnpaynefancast.net

    • Jon Allen
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2009
        The press might be favourite.

        Jon Allen
        Stuff & Sense
        Creative Marketing and Communications

        jonallen1@...
        Jon.Allen@...
        www.stuffandsense.com

        The Pump House
        London, England, UK

        To: podcasters@yahoogroups.com
        From: walkerdependentmusicfan@...
        Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 18:12:51 -0600
        Subject: [podcasters] press release

        Hey everyone,
        I had a press release done in the regards of a contest I'm doing on my show
        The John Payne Fancast. Does anyone have any idea where I can send it to?

        Thanks!!!

        Jeri

        http://www.johnpaynefancast.net

      • Matthew Wayne Selznick
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3, 2009
          On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 5:12 PM, Jeri
          Unselt<walkerdependentmusicfan@...> wrote:
          > I had a press release done in the regards of a contest I'm doing on my show
          > The John Payne Fancast. Does anyone have any idea where I can send it to?

          Maybe you'd appreciate a serious answer?

          Think about your audience AND prospective audience. Are their
          progressive rock newsletters or fanzines, either electronic or print?
          What about bass guitar magazines? Ditto blogs that cover same. Check
          out each resource and see if they have a posted policy on press
          releases or user-contributed content, and follow that policy. If they
          don't have a specific policy, check their contact listings and send a
          very polite e-mail to whomever seems most likely to be in charge.
          Play it by ear -- it might not be the best idea to simply send the
          press release blind. Also, keep in mind that some venues will print
          your release verbatim, so make it easy for them. Either include it in
          the body of the e-mail, or as a plain text attachment. Don't use PDF,
          it's a pain in the ass to copy from and all that formatting will
          probably not be used anyway.

          I *don't* recommend using the various press release distribution
          services out there. You might as well drop leaflets from an airplane.
          It's better to target you efforts, the tighter the better.

          Good luck!

          --
          Matthew Wayne Selznick
          Author and DIY New Media Creator