Reader Needed

  • willysid
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 23 7:17 AM
      Hi,

      I have a short story for Fear On Demand, and I need a male reader. It's a first person story told by a man in his 30s or so. Need to be able to suggest a female voice in some dialogue.

      Anyone got time to do a piece? Not a huge rush, and it kind of builds so there's a little acting opportunity.

      Thanks,
      Sid Williams
      http://fearondemand.com
    • David Smith
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 24 9:26 AM
        It was 23 Jul 2009, when willysid commented:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I have a short story for Fear On Demand, and I need a male reader. It's a
        > first person story told by a man in his 30s or so. Need to be able to suggest
        > a female voice in some dialogue.
        >
        > Anyone got time to do a piece? Not a huge rush, and it kind of builds so
        > there's a little acting opportunity.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Sid Williams
        > http://fearondemand.com

        I'd be interested in giving it a try. I have a whole podcast of me
        reading stories, so I've gotten plenty of practice. Never was a big
        horror fan, though.
        --

        grizzly at grizzlysgrowls dot com
        Grizzly's Podcasts & Stories: <http://grizzlysgrowls.com>
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 24 10:03 AM
          I'd be interested in working on a project at some point in the future as
          well, provided the time lines aren't too narrow. Between family, career and
          my own podcast, spare time is very scarce.

          Martin

          Martin McKeay
          CISSP, GSNA, QSA
          Network Security Blog and Podcast
          http://www.mckeay.net
          http://netsecpodcast.com
          Twitter: @McKeay
          Cell: 707-495-7926

          On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 9:26 AM, David Smith <grizzly@...>wrote:

          > It was 23 Jul 2009, when willysid commented:
          >

          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > I have a short story for Fear On Demand, and I need a male reader. It's a
          > > first person story told by a man in his 30s or so. Need to be able to
          > suggest
          > > a female voice in some dialogue.
          > >
          > > Anyone got time to do a piece? Not a huge rush, and it kind of builds so
          > > there's a little acting opportunity.
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > > Sid Williams
          > > http://fearondemand.com
          >
          > I'd be interested in giving it a try. I have a whole podcast of me
          > reading stories, so I've gotten plenty of practice. Never was a big
          > horror fan, though.
          > --
          >
          > grizzly at grizzlysgrowls dot com
          > Grizzly's Podcasts & Stories: <http://grizzlysgrowls.com>
          > Live shows on BTR: <http://live.grizzlysgrowls.com>

        • Sidney Williams
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 24 5:26 PM
            I appreciate it. I'll keep you on my list. I always try to have plenty of lead time for readers so there's no pressure. I'll check out your show too.

            Sid

            ________________________________

            On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 9:26 AM, David Smith <grizzly@grizzlysgro wls.com>wrote:

            > It was 23 Jul 2009, when willysid commented:
            >

            > > Hi,
            > >
            > > I have a short story for Fear On Demand, and I need a male reader. It's a
            > > first person story told by a man in his 30s or so. Need to be able to
            > suggest
            > > a female voice in some dialogue.
            > >
            > > Anyone got time to do a piece? Not a huge rush, and it kind of builds so
            > > there's a little acting opportunity.
            > >
            > > Thanks,
            > > Sid Williams
            > > http://fearondemand .com
            >
            > I'd be interested in giving it a try. I have a whole podcast of me
            > reading stories, so I've gotten plenty of practice. Never was a big
            > horror fan, though.
            > --
            >
            > grizzly at grizzlysgrowls dot com
            > Grizzly's Podcasts & Stories: <http://grizzlysgrow ls.com>
            > Live shows on BTR: <http://live. grizzlysgrowls. com>

          • Kimiko Alexandre
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 27 1:11 PM
              I'm full up at the moment but I'm always willing to do parts. Feel free to
              keep me on your lists (anyone) if you need something read.

              Twitter - kimidreams
              Urban fantasy Podcast - http://www.talechasing.com
              UF Podcast Novel - http://www.guardiansnovel.com

            • Sidney Williams
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 27 6:15 PM
                Hi,

                I'm definitely keeping you in mind for when I have a story for a female narrator. This new story is written by a woman, but the main character is male.

                Sid

                ________________________________

                On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 8:26 PM, Sidney Williams <willysid@yahoo. com> wrote:

                > I appreciate it. I'll keep you on my list. I always try to have plenty of
                > lead time for readers so there's no pressure. I'll check out your show too.
                >
                > Sid
                >

                > ____________ _________ _________ __

              • the Encaffeinated ONE
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 27 6:33 PM
                  If there is still an opening, I would be interested..

                  I haven't done much story narration, besides doing two stories for
                  Broken Sea's Halloween episodes last year (www.brokensea.com),
                  although I'd certainly like to do more. I do my own podcasts (The
                  WEIRD Show at theweirdshow.com and the occasional Wandering Out Loud
                  at encaffeinated.ca) as well as participate in others (primarily The
                  9th Heroescast www.heroescast.com). I've done some audio drama acting
                  (narrator for the upcoming Sea of Stars at
                  forwardmomentum.libsyn.com/, bit parts in Buffy Between The Lines at
                  www.buffybetweenthelines.com, bits and announcery stuff for Giant
                  Gnome Productions at giantgnome.com, lead in Darker Project's
                  Bloodmoon at www.darkerprojects.com/bloodmoon, a few others).

                  Let me know if there is anything I can be used for.

                  -encaf1/MK