Scheduling WP posts for show notes

  • Erk Pod
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 19, 2009
      G'day all

      Since my return from the US, I have moved away from WP.com and now am
      hosting my blog with a host using WP.org as my blogging platform. I have
      combined all 5 of my shows on the one website and overall I am happy with
      it. While there are probably some things that need to be tweaked on the
      website, I am still new to the WP.org side of the fence with plugins etc
      etc.

      One problem I am noticing when scheduling posts for later publishing is that
      the audio player and MP3 enclosure are not on the post when it is published,
      even though I put the MP3 into the relevant field on the plugin when I do my
      show notes. So when the episode's show notes come out, it often comes out
      without the enclosure/player for the MP3. Then I have to re-add the MP3
      filename again.

      I'm not sure if it me at my end, my blogging host's end, the WP platform or
      the podcast plugin. I am using WP 2.8.1 & PowerPress 0.8.3

      Any suggestions welcome.

      --
      Erk, Sydney (Australia)

      Host of the Erk Pod, Erk FM, Echo Romeo Kilo & Erk's Blast From The Past

      Producer of Judy's Blast FM.

      Find all 5 podcasts on Channel Erk. There is a podcast for everyone!

      http://www.channelerk.com
      erkpod@...

      Skype: erkpod
      Twitter: @erkpod (personal)
      Twitter: @channelerk (podcast updates)
      Voicemail: 02 8003 6905 (Australia)
      Voicemail: 661-524-5ERK (US)

      A member of the Association of Music Podcasting (AMP)
      http://musicpodcasting.org

    • Angelo
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 19, 2009
        Hello Erk,

        This is a known bug with PowerPress and WordPress versions 2.8+. I have
        a fix in place for the next version of PowerPress, which should be
        released sometime in the next 24-48 hours. I've been working on a lot of
        other features and bugfixes in this version, hence the delay.

        This next version of PowerPress fixes some bugs with the "play in new
        window" feature not working in Chrome and Safari. It also includes a
        number of new options to specify your own custom iTunes keywords,
        summary and subtitle. We've added a big warning when you enable these
        fields that you need to validate your feed every time you create a new
        episode, one wrong character in these fields can cause problems with
        your iTunes listing. We've also added an embed feature for those who
        post video to sites such as YouTube, Viddler or blip.tv. And our biggest
        requested feature, a shortcode will soon be avaialble so you can insert
        the player within the middle of your blog posts.

        We have removed the "play on page" option in the next release. The
        option has been a source of confusion with the "play in page" option.
        The "play in page" option will now be used in its place.

        If you've been using a Hybrid based WordPress theme and had problems
        getting PowerPress (or other plugins for that matter) to work, I've
        recently traced through both the Hybrid theme source code and WordPress
        and discovered the problem is in the Hybrid theme when the meta
        description from the excerpt setting is enabled. Unfortunately the
        author of the Hybrid theme didn't take kindly when I explained to him
        that the bug can be fixed within his theme. In so many words he said he
        could care less if the Hybrid theme ever worked with PowerPress. The
        next version of PowerPress will work with the Hybrid theme, but if you
        are using an older version or have found other plugins that don't work
        with the Hybrid theme (such as PodPress), I've written a plugin that
        fixes the problem: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/hybrid-bugfix/

        Thanks,
        Angelo

        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Erk Pod <erkpod@...> wrote:

        > G'day all
        >
        > Since my return from the US, I have moved away from WP.com and now am
        > hosting my blog with a host using WP.org as my blogging platform. I
        have
        > combined all 5 of my shows on the one website and overall I am happy
        with
        > it. While there are probably some things that need to be tweaked on
        the
        > website, I am still new to the WP.org side of the fence with plugins
        etc
        > etc.
        >
        > One problem I am noticing when scheduling posts for later publishing
        is that
        > the audio player and MP3 enclosure are not on the post when it is
        published,
        > even though I put the MP3 into the relevant field on the plugin when I
        do my
        > show notes. So when the episode's show notes come out, it often comes
        out
        > without the enclosure/player for the MP3. Then I have to re-add the
        MP3
        > filename again.
        >

        > I'm not sure if it me at my end, my blogging host's end, the WP
        platform or
        > the podcast plugin. I am using WP 2.8.1 & PowerPress 0.8.3
        >

        > Any suggestions welcome.
        >

        > --
        > Erk, Sydney (Australia)
        >
        > Host of the Erk Pod, Erk FM, Echo Romeo Kilo & Erk's Blast From The
        Past

        > Producer of Judy's Blast FM.
        >
        > Find all 5 podcasts on Channel Erk. There is a podcast for everyone!
        >
        > http://www.channelerk.com
        > erkpod@...
        >
        > Skype: erkpod
        > Twitter: @erkpod (personal)
        > Twitter: @channelerk (podcast updates)
        > Voicemail: 02 8003 6905 (Australia)
        > Voicemail: 661-524-5ERK (US)
        >
        > A member of the Association of Music Podcasting (AMP)
        > http://musicpodcasting.org

      • Erk Pod