Re: [podcasters] Re: what to ask for from web staff when starting a podcast

  • Richard Amirault
    Message 1 of 3 , May 21, 2009
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Jennifer Sutton"
      > Unless it's two or three files, I'd find it arduous either to sit at
      > my computer and (snip) download upwards of ten files manually.
      (snip)

      I'm wondering why you feel this way. I would be very surprised if you
      needed to wait for the first file to finish before starting the second file.
      If you try you may find that your are able to download 3 or 4 (or more)
      files at the same time.

      Richard Amirault
      Boston, MA, USA
      http://n1jdu.org
      http://bostonfandom.org
    • Jennifer Sutton
      Message 2 of 3 , May 21, 2009
        Hello:

        Sure, I can download a couple of files at a time; it's just a waste
        of my time to sit there when an RSS feed can do it all for me. If
        there are 10 files at 50 Megs a pop, that takes a while.

        And what if I don't have a high-speed connection or a fast computer?

        Again, as I said, I believe it's a matter of audiences' abilities and
        preferences. These are mine.

        I'd rather have content pushed to me than have to sit there and get it.

        Jennifer

        At 01:21 PM 5/21/2009 -0400, you wrote:

> [...]
      • Richard Amirault
        Message 3 of 3 , May 21, 2009
          > Sure, I can download a couple of files at a time; it's just a waste
          > of my time to sit there when an RSS feed can do it all for me. If
          > there are 10 files at 50 Megs a pop, that takes a while.

          I still don't understand why you think you have to "sit there" while this
          happens.

          > And what if I don't have a high-speed connection or a fast computer?

          The same thing that would happen if you had a RSS feed ... it would be
          slower.