Re: Libsyn price increase (was Re: [podcasters] Libsyn)

  • Will Brown
    Message 1 of 15 , May 13, 2009
      Here's the text of the email that was sent out for those interested:

      ************'
      Dear Libsyn Users-

      This email is the official notice that the monthly service charge for
      your libsyn podcasting account will be increasing. You will be
      required to update your account information the next time you login to
      libsyn.com. If you do not update your account information by
      5/22/2009, your account may be placed on hold. In order to avoid any
      disruption of service, we advise that you login to libsyn.com as soon
      as possible and take the steps necessary to update your billing
      account information. In addition to PayPal, we now also accept Visa,
      MasterCard, American Express, and Discover cards.

      New rates are in effect now for new users signing up. As part of this
      accounting process change, we are also shifting all invoice dates to
      the 1st of the month. That means on June 1st, all users will be billed
      for June service plus the pro-rated difference between the normal May
      payment date and the first of the month. So whether you just made a
      payment or your payment would normally be made later in the month, you
      won't be getting charged until 6/1/2009.

      Charges made on 6/1/2009:

      Service Plan Old Rate New Rate
      libsyn 100MB (legacy users only) $ 5.00 $ 6.00
      libsyn 250MB $ 10.00 $ 12.00
      libsyn 525MB $ 20.00 $ 24.00
      libsyn 800MB $ 30.00 $ 36.00
      libsyn 1500MB $ 50.00 $ 60.00

      The new pricing is necessary to support the health and growth of our
      network. This is our first price increase since we launched the libsyn
      service in 2004, but we remain committed to our original goal: To
      offer an advanced publishing service to independent podcasters with an
      affordable fixed monthly fee based on storage, not transfer. Your
      success is our success. We never forget that without the support of
      our customers these past four and half years Libsyn could not have
      achieved all that we have done. We are proud to be a part of this
      industry and we hope to prove our loyalty to you with upcoming
      developments in the near future.

      We appreciate your continued support and as always look forward to
      your feedback on how we are doing.

      Sincerely,
      The libsyn squad

      *********************

      ======================
      http://www.WillBrownOnline.com/ - All Things Me
      http://www.CloudyDayArt.com - Poetry Podcast
    • Cian Mac Mahon
      Message 2 of 15 , May 13, 2009
        In my opinion, the added $2 for the stats really isn't an issue. There
        are much better, and free, stats services out there.

        That said, I'm going to go ahead and renew for the slightly higher
        price point on my 250mb account. As people have said before me, they
        rock, and continue to do so. A few days back, when my feed got jumbled
        by a server switch (something to do with Switchpod, I'm told) I sent a
        support email. Within 10 minutes I had a reply, and within 25 minutes
        my feed was all back the way it should have been. Now THAT'S service!
        Cian Mac Mahon
        Professional Podcaster
        Available for voice work, consulting

        www.ViewFromTheQuad.com