Re: [podcasters] Cons?

  • ma scrub
    Message 1 of 8 , May 4, 2009
      > I was thinking about a recent message where Steve said that time with

      > people was the best part of going to cons.  Any suggestions for

      > conventions to attend?

      Other than that... Just do what seems like fun, tell others where

      you'll be, and maybe you'll spontaneously create a good scene. >8->

      Well, I am organizing a podcasting conference taking place on a cruise.
      I would really like to see this happen and could really use help promoting it.
      I like Steve's above advice about doing what seems fun and spontaneously creating
      a scene. I see the cruise as lots of fun because it combines traveling to the Bahamas
      along with the fellowship of podcasters.

      I am a guppy in a huge pond and wouldn't mind joining forces with a whale.

      theresa

      PodCastCon Cruise
      http://podcastconcruise.wikidot.com

      Personal and Group Travel
      Cruise Bug Vacations
      www.cruisebugvacations.com
      Blog and Podcast -
      www.cruisebugchatter.com

      > I was thinking about a recent message where Steve said that time with

      > people was the best part of going to cons.  Any suggestions for

      > conventions to attend?

      Well, I'm having an incredible time at PenguiCon *right now* -- I'm

      typing this at a table in the con suite, with a cute girl who's just

      drawn a cartoon of me -- and I'm not the only podcaster here. Rick

      Stringer and Rick Jackson are here too, and some other cool audio

      people. That's not helpful for you today, but I'd love to bring more

      of us here next year.

      > Sadly, I have a scheduling conflict with Balticon.  :(  I went last

      > year and enjoyed it immensely!  (Mur rocked, BTW.)  I got a lot of

      > advice, met a number of cool people, collected new anecdotes, and went

      > to some great parties.  Yes, you should all go!

      Dragon*Con on Labor Day weekend brings a lot of podcasters as well.

      It's rather bigger and more chaotic than a typical convention, but

      Sigler's podcaster party is rapidly becoming an institution.

      Other than that... Just do what seems like fun, tell others where

      you'll be, and maybe you'll spontaneously create a good scene. >8->

      Steve Eley (sfeley@gmail. com)

      http://www.escapepo d.org

    • ma_scrub
      Message 2 of 8 , May 4, 2009

        > > What part of the "north east" are you in?
        >
        > New York, near Mass.

        Where in NY near Mass?

        I am also in NY near Mass - New Lebanon.

        theresa

      • Kevin Bachelder
        Message 3 of 8 , May 4, 2009
          > Dragon*Con on Labor Day weekend brings a lot of podcasters as well.
          > It's rather bigger and more chaotic than a typical convention, but
          > Sigler's podcaster party is rapidly becoming an institution.
          >
          > --
          > Have Fun,
          >   Steve Eley (sfeley@...)

          Planning is just now getting under way for the podcasting track at
          Dragon*Con 2009 and you can keep up on things via our website...

          http://www.dragon-pod.com

          Derek and I also just recorded the first episode of Dragon*Pod for
          2009 and it should be released very soon.

          Take care,

          Kevin

          -----

          Fan of Science Fiction?
          If so, then you might enjoy listening to these award winning podcasts...

          Tuning Into Scifi TV
          http://www.tuningintoscifitv.com

          The Signal (Firefly)
          http://www.serenityfirefly.com