Re: [podcasters] Cons?

  • Data Scavenger
    Message 1 of 8 , May 2, 2009
      On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 10:13 PM, Richard Amirault <ramirault@...> wrote:
      > In the Boston area there is Arisia in January, and Boskone in Feb. ...
      > neither one is "soon" however.

      I enjoy Arisia. Never went to Boskone.

      > What part of the "north east" are you in?

      New York, near Mass.
    • ma scrub
      Message 2 of 8 , May 4, 2009
        > I was thinking about a recent message where Steve said that time with

        > people was the best part of going to cons.  Any suggestions for

        > conventions to attend?

        Other than that... Just do what seems like fun, tell others where

        you'll be, and maybe you'll spontaneously create a good scene. >8->

        Well, I am organizing a podcasting conference taking place on a cruise.
        I would really like to see this happen and could really use help promoting it.
        I like Steve's above advice about doing what seems fun and spontaneously creating
        a scene. I see the cruise as lots of fun because it combines traveling to the Bahamas
        along with the fellowship of podcasters.

        I am a guppy in a huge pond and wouldn't mind joining forces with a whale.

        theresa

        PodCastCon Cruise
        http://podcastconcruise.wikidot.com

        Personal and Group Travel
        Cruise Bug Vacations
        www.cruisebugvacations.com
        Blog and Podcast -
        www.cruisebugchatter.com

        > I was thinking about a recent message where Steve said that time with

        > people was the best part of going to cons.  Any suggestions for

        > conventions to attend?

        Well, I'm having an incredible time at PenguiCon *right now* -- I'm

        typing this at a table in the con suite, with a cute girl who's just

        drawn a cartoon of me -- and I'm not the only podcaster here. Rick

        Stringer and Rick Jackson are here too, and some other cool audio

        people. That's not helpful for you today, but I'd love to bring more

        of us here next year.

        > Sadly, I have a scheduling conflict with Balticon.  :(  I went last

        > year and enjoyed it immensely!  (Mur rocked, BTW.)  I got a lot of

        > advice, met a number of cool people, collected new anecdotes, and went

        > to some great parties.  Yes, you should all go!

        Dragon*Con on Labor Day weekend brings a lot of podcasters as well.

        It's rather bigger and more chaotic than a typical convention, but

        Sigler's podcaster party is rapidly becoming an institution.

        Other than that... Just do what seems like fun, tell others where

        you'll be, and maybe you'll spontaneously create a good scene. >8->

        Steve Eley (sfeley@gmail. com)

        http://www.escapepo d.org

      • ma_scrub
        Message 3 of 8 , May 4, 2009

          > > What part of the "north east" are you in?
          >
          > New York, near Mass.

          Where in NY near Mass?

          I am also in NY near Mass - New Lebanon.

          theresa

        • Kevin Bachelder
          Message 4 of 8 , May 4, 2009
            > Dragon*Con on Labor Day weekend brings a lot of podcasters as well.
            > It's rather bigger and more chaotic than a typical convention, but
            > Sigler's podcaster party is rapidly becoming an institution.
            >
            > --
            > Have Fun,
            >   Steve Eley (sfeley@...)

            Planning is just now getting under way for the podcasting track at
            Dragon*Con 2009 and you can keep up on things via our website...

            http://www.dragon-pod.com

            Derek and I also just recorded the first episode of Dragon*Pod for
            2009 and it should be released very soon.

            Take care,

            Kevin

            -----

            Fan of Science Fiction?
            If so, then you might enjoy listening to these award winning podcasts...

            Tuning Into Scifi TV
            http://www.tuningintoscifitv.com

            The Signal (Firefly)
            http://www.serenityfirefly.com