Re: Need help! Mister Ron's Basement podcast a victim of it's own success...

  • barely.podcasting
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1 10:38 AM
      One way you could go about doing a move to Libsyn (which I am on and love it) is to start with the back catalog, just move over a couple of files a day. Making sure you don't exceed your limit. You might want to go one level higher than you need (ie instead of the $5/mo plan to the $10/mo plan) until you get everything over. Then reset your plan to what is appropriate for your uploads once you have them all in there.

      Since you said you had a redirect until June/July of 2010, that should be helpful. I assume you own your rss feed? If you are using a standard one that your host provided, you will need to do some work with that. You will need to have two versions of the show. One that is on your old host and feed stating that your listeners need to start using the new feed, and give them LOTS of time to do that. On the second feed (that you should own, like mine is http://barelypodcasting.com/?feed=rss2, I can have the files hosted anywhere and change it once a month and no one will know the difference.

      I know it sounds like a lot of hard work, but with the right amount of planning, you should be able to get through it in a few months. Again, Libsyn is great if you decide to go with them. They have been very helpful to me when I needed it, and have NEVER been charged a bandwidth fee. I have been with them for over 3 years now.

      Barely

      Barely Podcasting
      http://barelypodcasting.com

      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Mike Wills <mike@...> wrote:

      > Ah, that makes sense... I always wondered how an established podcaster could
      > move to them with the limits they have.
      >
      > --
      > Mike Wills
      > Podcast Mike Productions http://podcastmike.com
      > Skype: koldark | Ph: 612-605-9821
      > http://www.linkedin.com/in/mikewills
    • revry
      Message 2 of 9 , May 1 11:00 AM
        I want to thank you guys. I may have indeed misinterpreted the letter I got from libsyn. I have written back to them for clarification. If the 30 cent per gig fee is only for upload, then this is a true bargain. If it includes download bandwidth, then I'm stuck.

        Hope it all works out...

        Meanwhile, please enjoy the Basement podcasts while they're still around...

        http://ronevry.com/Mister_Rons_Full_Catalog.html

        -=-Ron-=-