Re: [podcasters] Re: Giving my book away as a podcast: How I did it to get a book de

  • Jacek Artymiak
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 24, 2009
      I also recommend these two books for anyone interested in using POD:

      Print-on-Demand Book Publishing: A New Approach To Printing And
      Marketing Books For Publishers And Self-Publishing Authors by Morris
      Rosenthal

      http://www.amazon.com/Print-Demand-Book-Publishing-Self-Publishing/dp/0972380132/

      Aiming at Amazon: The NEW Business of Self Publishing, or How to
      Publish Your Books with Print on Demand and Online Book Marketing on
      Amazon.com by Aaron Shepard

      http://www.amazon.com/Aiming-Amazon-Publishing-Marketing-Amazon-com/dp/093849743X/

      Perfect Pages: Self Publishing with Microsoft Word, or How to Design
      Your Own Book for Desktop Publishing and Print on Demand (Word 97-2003
      for Windows, Word 2004 for Mac) by Aaron Shepard

      http://www.amazon.com/Perfect-Pages-Publishing-Microsoft-Desktop/dp/0938497332/

      By the way, if any of you are looking to get into POD and on
      Amazon.com, use Lightning Source (An Ingram company, gets your book
      into worldwide distribution and onto Amazon.com, BN.com and brick and
      mortar bookstores) https://www.lightningsource.com/ or CreateSpace (An
      Amazon.com company, they can also put your DVDs and Audio CDs on the
      Amazon.com pages) http://www.createspace.com/

      --
      Jacek Artymiak
      http://devGuide.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 24, 2009
        We're going to be interviewing Jeremy next week on the Dead Robots Society. We're going to chat about these very topics (POD, small presses, self-publishing, etc.). It should be fun.

        --P.G. Holyfield

        Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/PGHolyfield
        Skype: pgholyfield
        Murder at Avedon Hill - the Print Release, Late '09, from Dragon Moon Press
        Murder at Avedon Hill - http://pgholyfield.com - Finalist, Best Podcast Novel and Best Production, the Fall 2008 Podcast Peer Awards
        Co-Host of The Dead Robots' Society - http://deadrobotssociety.com

        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "sethharwoodpodcast"