Re: [podcasters] New WellToldTales.com

  • Rick Stringer
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2009
      Well, let me be the first to flame you. Just kidding. Good luck with
      the new version of your site Kevin. I hope it turns out to be
      everything you want it to be. I only had time to take a cursory look,
      but it appears to be good.

      Rick
      __________________________________
      Parsec Award Winner 2006, 2007, & 2008
      Variant Frequencies Podcast
      http://www.variantfrequencies.com
      The Failed Cities Monologues
      http://www.podiobooks.com/title/the-failed-cities-monologues/

      On Apr 3, 2009, at 6:01 PM, kscolligan wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > I've been in this group a couple years now and have yet to be
      > flamed, so figured I'd drop a note touting my revamped
      > WellToldTales.com site.
      >
      > It's still the same old podcast -- horror/sci-fi/crime audio tales
      > (most) every other Thursday -- but the new site also allows anyone
      > to publish audio tales, text stories and video.
      >
      > You can also make buddies and form public or private groups (writing
      > groups, reading groups, etc.) I'm hoping it evolves into a community
      > for writers, filmmakers, podcasters, etc.
      >
      > Who know, it may also become a gateway drug for noob podcast
      > creators (they may post a few audio tales before graduating to a
      > standalone show.)
      >
      > All current podcasters with shows remotely related to horror/sci-fi/
      > crime fiction are certainly welcome to join and publish their audio
      > promos (or sample episodes if you think it may nab you listeners.)
      >
      > This isn't an aggregator play. No pickles or bluberries. No ad deals
      > or licensing or anything like that. (Though you can tie TipJoy to
      > your account, and I hope to add in a rotating Adsense function in
      > the future, so contributors with Adsense accounts can make a few
      > nickels.)
      >
      > I built the site in Drupal and am still stomping out a few bugs, but
      > am pretty proud of the site and would love to hear what you think.
      > (Especially any suggestions for improvements.)
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Kevin
      >
      > p.s. -- I'm kidding about the flames

      > Well Told Tales
      > pulp-fiction podcast
      >
      > http://WellToldTales.com

    • kscolligan
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 6, 2009
        Thanks much!

        BTW, what's a new site without a jazzy new audio promo?

        http://www.welltoldtales.com/promo

        Cheers,
        Kevin

        Well Told Tales