New WellToldTales.com

  • kscolligan
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2009
      Hi all,

      I've been in this group a couple years now and have yet to be flamed, so figured I'd drop a note touting my revamped WellToldTales.com site.

      It's still the same old podcast -- horror/sci-fi/crime audio tales (most) every other Thursday -- but the new site also allows anyone to publish audio tales, text stories and video.

      You can also make buddies and form public or private groups (writing groups, reading groups, etc.) I'm hoping it evolves into a community for writers, filmmakers, podcasters, etc.

      Who know, it may also become a gateway drug for noob podcast creators (they may post a few audio tales before graduating to a standalone show.)

      All current podcasters with shows remotely related to horror/sci-fi/crime fiction are certainly welcome to join and publish their audio promos (or sample episodes if you think it may nab you listeners.)

      This isn't an aggregator play. No pickles or bluberries. No ad deals or licensing or anything like that. (Though you can tie TipJoy to your account, and I hope to add in a rotating Adsense function in the future, so contributors with Adsense accounts can make a few nickels.)

      I built the site in Drupal and am still stomping out a few bugs, but am pretty proud of the site and would love to hear what you think. (Especially any suggestions for improvements.)

      Cheers,
      Kevin

      p.s. -- I'm kidding about the flames

      Well Told Tales
      pulp-fiction podcast

      http://WellToldTales.com
    • Rick Stringer
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2009
        Well, let me be the first to flame you. Just kidding. Good luck with
        the new version of your site Kevin. I hope it turns out to be
        everything you want it to be. I only had time to take a cursory look,
        but it appears to be good.

        Rick
        __________________________________
        Parsec Award Winner 2006, 2007, & 2008
        Variant Frequencies Podcast
        http://www.variantfrequencies.com
        The Failed Cities Monologues
        http://www.podiobooks.com/title/the-failed-cities-monologues/

        On Apr 3, 2009, at 6:01 PM, kscolligan wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > I've been in this group a couple years now and have yet to be
        > flamed, so figured I'd drop a note touting my revamped
        > WellToldTales.com site.
        >
        > It's still the same old podcast -- horror/sci-fi/crime audio tales
        > (most) every other Thursday -- but the new site also allows anyone
        > to publish audio tales, text stories and video.
        >
        > You can also make buddies and form public or private groups (writing
        > groups, reading groups, etc.) I'm hoping it evolves into a community
        > for writers, filmmakers, podcasters, etc.
        >
        > Who know, it may also become a gateway drug for noob podcast
        > creators (they may post a few audio tales before graduating to a
        > standalone show.)
        >
        > All current podcasters with shows remotely related to horror/sci-fi/
        > crime fiction are certainly welcome to join and publish their audio
        > promos (or sample episodes if you think it may nab you listeners.)
        >
        > This isn't an aggregator play. No pickles or bluberries. No ad deals
        > or licensing or anything like that. (Though you can tie TipJoy to
        > your account, and I hope to add in a rotating Adsense function in
        > the future, so contributors with Adsense accounts can make a few
        > nickels.)
        >
        > I built the site in Drupal and am still stomping out a few bugs, but
        > am pretty proud of the site and would love to hear what you think.
        > (Especially any suggestions for improvements.)
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Kevin
        >
        > p.s. -- I'm kidding about the flames

        > Well Told Tales
        > pulp-fiction podcast
        >
        > http://WellToldTales.com

      • kscolligan
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 6, 2009
          Thanks much!

          BTW, what's a new site without a jazzy new audio promo?

          http://www.welltoldtales.com/promo

          Cheers,
          Kevin

          Well Told Tales