Re: [podcasters] Re: Any unburned?

  • Todd Cochrane
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 1, 2009
      Rick

      The sad thing is Jan has a unique product that if packaged correctly
      would be a great addition to certain genre of podcasters. I have been
      talking with Jan offlist and will be working very hard to make his
      hit-test available to our community members, his production cost are not
      at all high and he has a viable product that we feel would be a nice
      edition to the 700 or so podcasts that we think could benefit from
      running the hit-test. It does not fit my show, but it fits well with a
      great deal of others. This list has always been semi-hostile to anyone
      that is trying to help podcasters when there is even a sniff of money.

      Todd..

      Rick Savoia wrote:

      > Not me, at least not that I recall. Then again, I read but don't
      > usually have the time to post here, so I haven't really exposed myself
      > to potential flames.
      >
      > Not that I'm asking for it now. :D
      >
      > I didn't really take Jan's post as an advertisement, although I guess
      > it could have been construed as one. I think we all do some measure of
      > self-promotion here since, after all, it is a group about podcasters
      > and we all have podcasts, so we're networking, which is a form of
      > marketing and promotion.
      >
      > Where the line is drawn becomes a little gray when you are networking.
      > There are obvious differences between posting a full-featured
      > advertisement and a subtle
      > throw-an-idea-out-there-and-see-if-it-sticks idea to a group of your
      > peers, however everyone has their own opinion of there the line should
      > be drawn and there are times someone will offend someone else in the
      > group no matter what they do.
      >
      > I know I am sensitive to harsh feedback and I need a thicker skin. At
      > the same time I should be more patient and understanding with others
      > who are new to a group and are attempting to establish a bond with
      > others in this community.
      >
      > A soft answer turns away wrath.
      >
      > Just a thought.
      >
      > Rick Savoia
      > The Force Field podcast for IT service providers
      > http://www.theforcefield.net <http://www.theforcefield.net>
      >
      > _
      > .

    • Matthew Wayne Selznick
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 1, 2009
        On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 8:23 AM, Todd Cochrane <geeknews@...> wrote:
        > This list has always been semi-hostile to anyone
        > that is trying to help podcasters when there is even a sniff of money.

        Broad generalization. Some of us have actually been treated with
        hostility when we try to help you make more money.

        Jus' sayin'

        --
        Matthew Wayne Selznick
        Author, Podcaster, Social Media Consultation

        Paperback; ebook formats, mp3 CD, free podcast
        http://www.bravemenrun.com
      • Paul Puri
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 2, 2009
          > On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 8:23 AM, Todd Cochrane <geeknews@...> wrote:
          > > This list has always been semi-hostile to anyone
          > > that is trying to help podcasters when there is even a sniff of money.

          Glad to know where I stand with you Todd.
          But seriously, Every once in awhile there are misunderstandings here, and we
          have our share of over actors and those who play the victim.

          I say it everytime it happens. When you have a room with 1000 people, there
          are bound to be disagreements.

          Glad to see people so eager to move forward.

          On a positive note, Jan hooking up with a podcasting network such as Todds
          is great idea! Todd is a man who gets things done and he does a lot, so
          more power to you both!

          --
          Paul Puri

          Blog - http://paulpuri.blogspot.com