Re: Any unburned?

  • Bob Crandall
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 31 11:02 PM
      Well you guys really blasted me when I spoke out against Obama, But that's politics and should be expected, no big deal. However when a guy asked for help on a promo for a new show he was putting together, he was ripped apart.
      The abuse was condescending and rude. I was shocked, couldn't understand why he treated so badly.

      Bob Crandall
      http://www.atvstoday.net
    • Todd Cochrane
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 1, 2009
        Rick

        The sad thing is Jan has a unique product that if packaged correctly
        would be a great addition to certain genre of podcasters. I have been
        talking with Jan offlist and will be working very hard to make his
        hit-test available to our community members, his production cost are not
        at all high and he has a viable product that we feel would be a nice
        edition to the 700 or so podcasts that we think could benefit from
        running the hit-test. It does not fit my show, but it fits well with a
        great deal of others. This list has always been semi-hostile to anyone
        that is trying to help podcasters when there is even a sniff of money.

        Todd..

        Rick Savoia wrote:

        > Not me, at least not that I recall. Then again, I read but don't
        > usually have the time to post here, so I haven't really exposed myself
        > to potential flames.
        >
        > Not that I'm asking for it now. :D
        >
        > I didn't really take Jan's post as an advertisement, although I guess
        > it could have been construed as one. I think we all do some measure of
        > self-promotion here since, after all, it is a group about podcasters
        > and we all have podcasts, so we're networking, which is a form of
        > marketing and promotion.
        >
        > Where the line is drawn becomes a little gray when you are networking.
        > There are obvious differences between posting a full-featured
        > advertisement and a subtle
        > throw-an-idea-out-there-and-see-if-it-sticks idea to a group of your
        > peers, however everyone has their own opinion of there the line should
        > be drawn and there are times someone will offend someone else in the
        > group no matter what they do.
        >
        > I know I am sensitive to harsh feedback and I need a thicker skin. At
        > the same time I should be more patient and understanding with others
        > who are new to a group and are attempting to establish a bond with
        > others in this community.
        >
        > A soft answer turns away wrath.
        >
        > Just a thought.
        >
        > Rick Savoia
        > The Force Field podcast for IT service providers
        > http://www.theforcefield.net <http://www.theforcefield.net>
        >
        > _
        > .

      • Matthew Wayne Selznick
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 1, 2009
          On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 8:23 AM, Todd Cochrane <geeknews@...> wrote:
          > This list has always been semi-hostile to anyone
          > that is trying to help podcasters when there is even a sniff of money.

          Broad generalization. Some of us have actually been treated with
          hostility when we try to help you make more money.

          Jus' sayin'

          --
          Matthew Wayne Selznick
          Author, Podcaster, Social Media Consultation

          Paperback; ebook formats, mp3 CD, free podcast
          http://www.bravemenrun.com
        • Paul Puri
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 2, 2009
            > On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 8:23 AM, Todd Cochrane <geeknews@...> wrote:
            > > This list has always been semi-hostile to anyone
            > > that is trying to help podcasters when there is even a sniff of money.

            Glad to know where I stand with you Todd.
            But seriously, Every once in awhile there are misunderstandings here, and we
            have our share of over actors and those who play the victim.

            I say it everytime it happens. When you have a room with 1000 people, there
            are bound to be disagreements.

            Glad to see people so eager to move forward.

            On a positive note, Jan hooking up with a podcasting network such as Todds
            is great idea! Todd is a man who gets things done and he does a lot, so
            more power to you both!

            --
            Paul Puri

            Blog - http://paulpuri.blogspot.com