Anyone using a "lightbox"

  • mbritt1216
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 16, 2009
      I've seen a few sites use a pretty cool pop-up box that can display images or video. I understand that these pop-ups are called "lightboxes". Is anyone familiar with or use this technology? Any recommendations? I'd like to put a "What is this podcast all about" video on my wordpress homepage and I thought it might be fun to use a lightbox to do this.

      Thanks,

      Michael
      www.thepsychfiles.com
    • kscolligan
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 16, 2009
        Hi Michael,

        Lightbox and its various clones -- thickbox, slimbox, etc. -- are very simple to use. And speedy, since they're just lightweight javascript.

        I've used on a bunch of sites.

        If you're using WordPress, check out the Shadowbox plugin: http://sivel.net/2008/02/shadowbox-js/

        It pops up pix, galleries, etc. (Some of the other _boxes only pop pix, I believe.)

        Cheers,
        Kevin

        Well Told Tales
        pulp-fiction podcast