Which "Wild Animals" promo?

  • David Smith
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 8, 2009
      Hi.

      I recently put together a promo for a book I read both for my own Hiber-
      Nation podcast, and for later release on Podiobooks.com. Very proud of
      how it turned out. Pretty good for some guy from Minnesota. Of course,
      it does not yet include that little snippet Evo adds at the beginning of
      their promos.

      Anyway, after some follow-up editing, it struck me that I could simply
      edit the promo from "Listen Now at Podiobooks Dot Com" to "Listen Now at
      Grizzly's Growls Dot Com." At the moment, if you want to "Listen Now," it
      exists only on my own podcasts, not on PB; planned for the end of the
      month there, btw (to coincide roughly with my Mom's birthday).

      So, here's my dilemma. Do I:

      . try to circulate the GG version, promoting my own website, where the
      book is already available;

      . try to circulate the pre-PB version, advance promotion for the release
      there (which provides a link back to my website);

      . do both, possibly causing confusion when the PB version comes out;

      . wait till the release, then go with only the PB version, which by then
      will will include the promo-pre-roll PB adds?

      I think I know the rational choice. But I'm awfully proud of that promo.

      Griz

      Here's a link to the current draft of the PB version:
      http://libsyn.com/_static/grizzly/WildAnimals-Promo.mp3

      --

      grizzly at grizzlysgrowls dot com
      Grizzly's Podcasts & Stories: <http://grizzlysgrowls.com>
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 10, 2009
        What do you want to promote, Grizz? Your site, podiobooks, or just the promo
        itself? (If it's the one I heard, it is a good promo.)

        --
        -Shawn "Shawno" Thorpe
        Hyper Nonsense - Talk/comedy podcast from central California

        Shawnogram - Content = life.
        http://www.shawnogram.com/

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 11, 2009
          That is the question, isn't it. I suppose it makes the most sense (the
          rational choice) to promote the Podiobook. More people are actually
          liable to go there than to my site. Might as well do something that has a
          decent chance of working.

          Oh, well.

          It was 10 Mar 2009, when Shawn Thorpe commented: