Re: "Unfortunately" I sell stuff on my site

  • nycedeli
    Message 1 of 22 , Mar 7, 2009
      @ Matthew,
      Excellent comments! Thanks for posting. Great roadmap on how to proceed. I will be emailing you privately about the book project you did since I've been thinking about doing something similar but I'm unsure of the logistics. (Do I request full deposit before producing the books or be partial payment with the order and final payment with the shipment of the book, etc.) But I'll email you privately my my specific question.

      @Ed:
      It sounds like you're surrounded by or coming into contact with too many toxic people. Start distancing yourself from those hardcore pessimists and see if there is a way for you to build a new community, like Matthew suggested, or join another preexisting community/forum with folks who share your passion and are receptive to your outlook. It sucks when the people who you were counting on or were expecting to support your work don't support what you're trying to do, but I'm afraid it's just one of the bumps in the road that inevitably pop up when someone is passionate about what he or she is creating.

      Also, I've found that with some people, they're not open to new ideas or getting their info from new experts. They're comfortable with the same ol' faces and getting their info from the same ol' sources. They're followers, not explorers/experimenters, so no use trying to win people like that over because they're not open to being won over. Don't let the negative types bog you down because ultimately that's what they want...to keep you stuck in a rut.
    • nycedeli
      Message 2 of 22 , Mar 7, 2009
        Another excellent comment. Thanks to all for participating on this thread. Great discussion/brainstorming happening here!