Re: WordPress podcasting plugin vs. Podpress

  • Arthur
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 7, 2009
      I use Podpress 8.8.1 with WordPress 2.7 and it works just fine. However, I'd already modified WordPress to work with Podpress, so I don't know if 8.8.1 works on an unmodified WordPress 2.7 site.

      The modification is easy--I'm no code warrior, but even I was able to do it. You have to modify the wp-config.php file. Once you open it, look for the line that says: define('DB_HOST

      After that, add:

      define ('WP_POST_REVISIONS', 0);

      That's it. I have self-hosted WordPress sites, so I don't know if sites hosted by WordPress give you access to the wp-config.php file. If not, this won't work, but 8.8.1 might.
    • Steve Riekeberg
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 7, 2009
        That above "modification" to Wordpress is what the "No Revisions" plugin,
        which has been used as a workaround, does

        I upgraded to podPress 8.8.1 and disabled the "No Revisions" plugin for my
        Wordpress 2.7 and have noticed no problems.

        Steve Riekeberg
        Host, Geek Cred
        <http://www.geekcred.net>