Re: WordPress podcasting plugin vs. Podpress

  • Angelo
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 7, 2009
      Have you thought about trying Blubrry Powerpress? http://www.blubrry.com/powerpress/ It works with and is designed for the latest version of Wordpress, 2.7.

      We're about to release a new version sometime in the next week that will include a simple and an advanced mode plus some other new features.

      --angelo

      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "nycedeli" <lavenividivici@...> wrote:

      > Is anyone out there using WP's podcasting plugin? Is it as good as Podpress?
      >
      > I'm launching a new blog and trying to figure out which one to use. My other podcasts use PodPress but they haven't been updated to WP 2.7 since Podpress is incompatible with the latest version of WP. My new blog/podcast is on WP 2.7.1, so I'm wondering if I should go with the WP plugin or figure out a hack for Podpress.
      >
      > Any advice?

    • Arthur
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 7, 2009
        I use Podpress 8.8.1 with WordPress 2.7 and it works just fine. However, I'd already modified WordPress to work with Podpress, so I don't know if 8.8.1 works on an unmodified WordPress 2.7 site.

        The modification is easy--I'm no code warrior, but even I was able to do it. You have to modify the wp-config.php file. Once you open it, look for the line that says: define('DB_HOST

        After that, add:

        define ('WP_POST_REVISIONS', 0);

        That's it. I have self-hosted WordPress sites, so I don't know if sites hosted by WordPress give you access to the wp-config.php file. If not, this won't work, but 8.8.1 might.
      • Steve Riekeberg
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 7, 2009
          That above "modification" to Wordpress is what the "No Revisions" plugin,
          which has been used as a workaround, does

          I upgraded to podPress 8.8.1 and disabled the "No Revisions" plugin for my
          Wordpress 2.7 and have noticed no problems.

          Steve Riekeberg
          Host, Geek Cred
          <http://www.geekcred.net>