Re: [podcasters] Embedded Audio Player

  • Dan Hughes
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 3, 2009
      Matt, I like Odeo, but here's a nice overview:

      http://www.mitchelaneous.com/2007/02/27/5-best-flash-podcast-players/

      ---Dan
    • Chris Moody
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 3, 2009
        You can also use the same player that PodPress uses. You can get a copy
        of it at: http://www.1pixelout.net/code/audio-player-wordpress-plugin/

        This player is only for MP3 files, so if you also consider doing movie
        files, this won't work for you.

        Chris

        matt1027 wrote:

        > I'm working on a site that will later be converted to a WordPress
        > blog and I expect to use the podPress plugin at that time for regular
        > podcast material. But for now I need some kind of embedded audio
        > player for a few MP3 files.
        >
        > Any suggestions?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Matt

      • matt1027
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 5, 2009
          Thanks for the responses:
          I like Odeo, but here's a nice overview:
          <http://www.mitchelaneous.com/2007/02/27/5-best-flash-podcast-players/>http://www.mitchelaneous.com/2007/02/27/5-best-flash-podcast-players/

          You can also use the same player that PodPress uses. You can get a copy
          of it at:
          <http://www.1pixelout.net/code/audio-player-wordpress-plugin/>http://www.1pixelout.net/code/audio-player-wordpress-plugin/

          I knew about the 1PixelOut player but was wondering what other
          choices were available.

          Information on Odeo wasn't accessible unless maybe you can find it
          after setting up an account.

          A guy on another list reminded me of Yahoo's player which looks
          pretty nice, in case anyone else needs something like this sometime.

          http://developer.yahoo.com/mediaplayer/

          And some details for advanced configuration.

          http://yahoomediaplayer.wikia.com/wiki/How_To_Link

          Thanks again.

        • cafemuse
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 5, 2009
            Check out Blogamp too. Not only can you utilize the brandable flash
            media player, but you can also generate new and existing feeds. Oh, if
            you don't want to take advantage of the hosting, you can redirect mp3's
            already posted elsewhere and track activity

            www.blogamp.com
            Posted through Grouply, the better way
            to access your Yahoo Groups like this one.
            http://www.grouply.com/?code=post