Anyone know anything about "Hubdog"?

  • Nobilis Reed
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 13, 2009
      I just got a google alert that my podcast was showing up on the
      "Hubdog" website:

      http://www.hubdog.com/c/152142/preview

      Given that their front page says, "Start selling your content now!"
      this would seem to be a violation of my "non-commercial" creative
      commons license.

      http://www.hubdog.com/

      Does anyone know anything about these people?

      -----
      "Magical Clothes" is the erotic sequel to "The Emperor's New Clothes"
      in print and ebook: http://www.lulu.com/content/2445662
    • Matthew Wayne Selznick
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 13, 2009
        On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 3:02 AM, Nobilis Reed <authornobilis@...> wrote:
        > Given that their front page says, "Start selling your content now!"
        > this would seem to be a violation of my "non-commercial" creative
        > commons license.

        Looks like it's a podcatcher for Windows Mobile, and they offer
        premium content as well as free stuff.
        http://www.hubdog.com/learnmore_affiliates.aspx

        --
        Matthew Wayne Selznick
        Author, Podcaster, Social Media Consultation

        Paperback; ebook formats, mp3 CD, free podcast
        http://www.bravemenrun.com
      • Mike Sharpe
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 13, 2009
          --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Wayne Selznick
          <mwselznick@...> wrote:

          > On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 3:02 AM, Nobilis Reed <authornobilis@...> wrote:
          > > Given that their front page says, "Start selling your content now!"
          > > this would seem to be a violation of my "non-commercial" creative
          > > commons license.
          >
          > Looks like it's a podcatcher for Windows Mobile, and they offer
          > premium content as well as free stuff.
          > http://www.hubdog.com/learnmore_affiliates.aspx
          >
          > --
          > Matthew Wayne Selznick

          As a Windows Mobile user, if found that it was very cumbersome, even
          if it did offer a Sort online download to PDA. There is several
          entries called "I should be writing" By "Mur Lafferty" Registered by
          afew people. I never could get the Podcast to download or play.

          I just trashed it, as the Battery on my PDA Battery drains like a
          sieve when playing MP3 so I dug out SD card MP3 player and used
          PodcastReady instead.

          Mike
          Trainee Writer, Trainee Podcaster.