podcast stats help

  • Ana Bernardo
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 13, 2009
      hi there,

      i've just joined the world of podcast the past week. we've recorded and i've uploaded the file
      in our media.
      i'm using tumblr as my blog, and for that reason i was mad looking for a host that had an
      embedded player. I've found our media and worked fine. Now the only thing we're missing is
      to have some kind of site generating the stats for this embedded player.
      I would love to know how many people are listening to the podcast! I've put my podcast also
      in feedburner, but I don't think they'll give me the stats of the podcast played in the tumblr
      site.

      Does anybody have any lights on this? Any help would be much appreciated!

      thanks
      Ana
    • Shawn Thorpe
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 17, 2009
        On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 1:44 AM, Ana Bernardo <anamobe@...> wrote:

        > hi there,
        >
        > i've just joined the world of podcast the past week. we've recorded and
        > i've uploaded the file
        > in our media.
        > i'm using tumblr as my blog, and for that reason i was mad looking for a
        > host that had an
        > embedded player. I've found our media and worked fine. Now the only thing
        > we're missing is
        > to have some kind of site generating the stats for this embedded player.
        > I would love to know how many people are listening to the podcast! I've put
        > my podcast also
        > in feedburner, but I don't think they'll give me the stats of the podcast
        > played in the tumblr
        > site.
        >
        > Does anybody have any lights on this? Any help would be much appreciated!
        >
        > thanks
        > Ana

        You'll probably need some kind of third-party stats system. blubrry.com has
        one and I'm pretty sure that Feedburner can also provide stats on individual
        downloads if you use Feedburner's redirect system for your actual media
        files.

        --
        -Shawn "Shawno" Thorpe
        Hyper Nonsense - Talk/comedy podcast from central California

        Shawnogram - Content = life.
        http://www.shawnogram.com/