Re: very primitive question

  • lyndagroup
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 2, 2009
      Thanks so much, Mike and Jacek! I appreciate the info.

      Lynda
      www.lyndahilburnauthor.com

      > Hi Lynda,
      >
      > The Basics are very easy. Step two is very helpful
      >
      > Learn Something New: Lesson 1 : Making Voice MP3 in 5 Easy steps.
      >
      > Step 1: Find a Microphone, and if need be plug in the Mic Jack
      socket.
      > The Mic jack socket is often coloured Red, and has MIC written near
      > the Jack socket or a Image of a Microphone near the jack socket.
      > Depending on the setup your computer may already have one built in.
      > For better sound Quality, you may want to purchase a Mic. Ask for
      more
      > info on Podcasters Yahoo Group with price range and Location.
      >
      > Step 2: Find a recording Application that can output to MP3, such as
      > Audacity or Garageband. We recommend Audacity. Audacity is Free and
      > can be installed on Windows, Mac and Linux. With Audacity, you will
      > need to installed LAME MP3 Encoder, there is a guide on how to do
      this
      > on Audacity's site.
      >
      > Step 3: On Some set ups, you will need to select the Mic as the
      > recording Device. Please do this now.
      >
      > Step 4: Hit Record. Remember to make your voice loud and proud. When
      > finish please remember to hit stop.
      >
      > Step 5: Find and use the Save to or Export to MP3 Format command.
      You
      > may need to alter the File type in Save or Export window.
      >
      > This has been Learn Something New: Lesson 1 : Making Voice MP3 in 5
      > Easy steps. Come back for next week for Lesson 2: Herding Cats!
      >
      > A bit Basic but I covers the basics.
      >
      > Mike
      > Why have go the Über-Nemisis/Tee Morris in my head?

    • Mike Sharpe
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 2, 2009
        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "lyndagroup" <boulderboomer@...> wrote:

        > Thanks so much, Mike and Jacek! I appreciate the info.
        >
        > Lynda
        > www.lyndahilburnauthor.com

        Glad to help.

        Some of us here are users and Authors on Podiobooks.com . This Site
        offers entire AudioBooks for Free in Podcast Form. The Only Catch is
        that you need to either Give permission to someone to Make your novel
        in to a Podcast or create it yourself.

        Scott Silger, who's recently appeared in the NY Times Best sellers
        list, Podcasts all of his books, including the one that was Published
        this year. (It's not complete but he's working on that.)

        Since you've got a series going, you may want to Podcast the entire
        first novel. You may get more sales out of it!

        I strongly suggest that you take a look at Podiobooks.com

        Mike
      • Karin Hoegh
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 2, 2009
          I can recommend the software Tool Factory -
          http://www.toolfactory.com/products/page?id=2121

          You can create mp3 files (or wav) - and you can choose to podcast your
          files (create RSS) - very very easy.

          There is a 30 day free demo - with this software you don´t need to
          spend so much on your michrophone - the encoder in the programme is
          very good.

          Even though it is an educational software - you can still use it for
          your purpose.

          Good luck

          Karin

          --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Sharpe" <windytwit@...> wrote:

          > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "lyndagroup" <boulderboomer@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Thanks so much, Mike and Jacek! I appreciate the info.
          > >
          > > Lynda
          > > www.lyndahilburnauthor.com
          > >

          > Glad to help.
          >
          > Some of us here are users and Authors on Podiobooks.com . This Site
          > offers entire AudioBooks for Free in Podcast Form. The Only Catch is
          > that you need to either Give permission to someone to Make your novel
          > in to a Podcast or create it yourself.
          >
          > Scott Silger, who's recently appeared in the NY Times Best sellers
          > list, Podcasts all of his books, including the one that was Published
          > this year. (It's not complete but he's working on that.)
          >
          > Since you've got a series going, you may want to Podcast the entire
          > first novel. You may get more sales out of it!
          >
          > I strongly suggest that you take a look at Podiobooks.com
          >
          > Mike

        • Kevin
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 2, 2009
            hmmm, well you need to ask yourself some questions:
            What will I use to record?
            What podcasting survice will I use to publish my files?
            Answer those two questions and you'll be on the right track!

            Kevin
            sisco83@...
            http://www.gcast.com/u/kjsisco