Re: very primitive question

  • Mike Sharpe
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 2, 2009
      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "lyndagroup" <boulderboomer@...> wrote:

      > Hi, everyone.
      >
      > I'm such a newbie to all things podcasting that I hesitate to even post
      > here. Hopefully, someone will take pity (grin) on my elementary
      > question and send me an answer off list.
      >
      > I want to read portions of my books (published) to post as MP3s on my
      > website.
      >
      > Can anyone recommend a very basic, beginner-level site I can visit to
      > learn how to make MP3s?
      >
      > I keep reading that podcasting is already dead, which is a drag, since
      > I just got interested. I hope that isn't true!
      >
      > Thanks for reading,
      > Lynda

      Hi Lynda,

      The Basics are very easy. Step two is very helpful

      Learn Something New: Lesson 1 : Making Voice MP3 in 5 Easy steps.

      Step 1: Find a Microphone, and if need be plug in the Mic Jack socket.
      The Mic jack socket is often coloured Red, and has MIC written near
      the Jack socket or a Image of a Microphone near the jack socket.
      Depending on the setup your computer may already have one built in.
      For better sound Quality, you may want to purchase a Mic. Ask for more
      info on Podcasters Yahoo Group with price range and Location.

      Step 2: Find a recording Application that can output to MP3, such as
      Audacity or Garageband. We recommend Audacity. Audacity is Free and
      can be installed on Windows, Mac and Linux. With Audacity, you will
      need to installed LAME MP3 Encoder, there is a guide on how to do this
      on Audacity's site.

      Step 3: On Some set ups, you will need to select the Mic as the
      recording Device. Please do this now.

      Step 4: Hit Record. Remember to make your voice loud and proud. When
      finish please remember to hit stop.

      Step 5: Find and use the Save to or Export to MP3 Format command. You
      may need to alter the File type in Save or Export window.

      This has been Learn Something New: Lesson 1 : Making Voice MP3 in 5
      Easy steps. Come back for next week for Lesson 2: Herding Cats!

      A bit Basic but I covers the basics.

      Mike
      Why have go the Über-Nemisis/Tee Morris in my head?
    • lyndagroup
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 2, 2009
        Thanks so much, Mike and Jacek! I appreciate the info.

        Lynda
        www.lyndahilburnauthor.com

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 2, 2009
          --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "lyndagroup" <boulderboomer@...> wrote:

          > Thanks so much, Mike and Jacek! I appreciate the info.
          >
          > Lynda
          > www.lyndahilburnauthor.com

          Glad to help.

          Some of us here are users and Authors on Podiobooks.com . This Site
          offers entire AudioBooks for Free in Podcast Form. The Only Catch is
          that you need to either Give permission to someone to Make your novel
          in to a Podcast or create it yourself.

          Scott Silger, who's recently appeared in the NY Times Best sellers
          list, Podcasts all of his books, including the one that was Published
          this year. (It's not complete but he's working on that.)

          Since you've got a series going, you may want to Podcast the entire
          first novel. You may get more sales out of it!

          I strongly suggest that you take a look at Podiobooks.com

          Mike
        • Karin Hoegh
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 2, 2009
            I can recommend the software Tool Factory -
            http://www.toolfactory.com/products/page?id=2121

            You can create mp3 files (or wav) - and you can choose to podcast your
            files (create RSS) - very very easy.

            There is a 30 day free demo - with this software you don´t need to
            spend so much on your michrophone - the encoder in the programme is
            very good.

            Even though it is an educational software - you can still use it for
            your purpose.

            Good luck

            Karin

            --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Sharpe" <windytwit@...> wrote:

            > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "lyndagroup" <boulderboomer@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Thanks so much, Mike and Jacek! I appreciate the info.
            > >
            > > Lynda
            > > www.lyndahilburnauthor.com
            > >

            > Glad to help.
            >
            > Some of us here are users and Authors on Podiobooks.com . This Site
            > offers entire AudioBooks for Free in Podcast Form. The Only Catch is
            > that you need to either Give permission to someone to Make your novel
            > in to a Podcast or create it yourself.
            >
            > Scott Silger, who's recently appeared in the NY Times Best sellers
            > list, Podcasts all of his books, including the one that was Published
            > this year. (It's not complete but he's working on that.)
            >
            > Since you've got a series going, you may want to Podcast the entire
            > first novel. You may get more sales out of it!
            >
            > I strongly suggest that you take a look at Podiobooks.com
            >
            > Mike

          • Kevin
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 2, 2009
              hmmm, well you need to ask yourself some questions:
              What will I use to record?
              What podcasting survice will I use to publish my files?
              Answer those two questions and you'll be on the right track!

              Kevin
              sisco83@...
              http://www.gcast.com/u/kjsisco