Re: [podcasters] Re: Feed posts repeating as "new" on iTunes and Google Reader

  • Rick Stringer
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2009
      I wish I could help. Unfortunately, the only place I've seen this has
      been your feed.

      Rick
      Sent from my iPod

      On Feb 1, 2009, at 8:51 PM, "P.G. Holyfield" <pgholyfield@...
      > wrote:

      > Beginning to go a bit crazy about this. Some listeners have five
      > copies of my most recent episode. I'm going to start losing listeners
      > if this keeps up.
      >
      > If anyone has seen anything like this before, please let me know.

    • P.G. Holyfield
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 4, 2009
        With the help of Mike Wills and Chris Miller, we've figured out the
        issue. The guid for certain items in my RSS are being changed from a
        URL to a number... a number that is updating every few hours for some
        reason. Some feed readers don't care about it, but others (like iTunes
        and Google Reader) use this field to see if a post is new.

        I've written an email to Dan to see if he's seen this before. I know
        this same issue affected Dave Slusher's RSS, so I'm not alone in this.
        I really don't want to go away from podpress, but right now I've got
        listeners that have 43 copies of my latest post in Google Reader and
        six copies of ep. 39 in iTunes. Argh.

        --P.G. Holyfield

        **************************************

        http://pgholyfield.com/maah - Murder at Avedon Hill
        http://community.podiobooks.com - Podiobooks Community website
        Twitter: PGHolyfield
        Skype: pgholyfield
      • Mike Wills
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 4, 2009
          Look at it this way, you have higher download stats now.

          --
          Mike Wills
          http://mikewills.info

          Sent from my iPod Touch