Re: Feed posts repeating as "new" on iTunes and Google Reader

  • P.G. Holyfield
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2009
      Beginning to go a bit crazy about this. Some listeners have five
      copies of my most recent episode. I'm going to start losing listeners
      if this keeps up.

      If anyone has seen anything like this before, please let me know.
    • Rick Stringer
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2009
        I wish I could help. Unfortunately, the only place I've seen this has
        been your feed.

        Rick
        Sent from my iPod

        On Feb 1, 2009, at 8:51 PM, "P.G. Holyfield" <pgholyfield@...

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 4, 2009
          With the help of Mike Wills and Chris Miller, we've figured out the
          issue. The guid for certain items in my RSS are being changed from a
          URL to a number... a number that is updating every few hours for some
          reason. Some feed readers don't care about it, but others (like iTunes
          and Google Reader) use this field to see if a post is new.

          I've written an email to Dan to see if he's seen this before. I know
          this same issue affected Dave Slusher's RSS, so I'm not alone in this.
          I really don't want to go away from podpress, but right now I've got
          listeners that have 43 copies of my latest post in Google Reader and
          six copies of ep. 39 in iTunes. Argh.

          --P.G. Holyfield

          **************************************

          http://pgholyfield.com/maah - Murder at Avedon Hill
          http://community.podiobooks.com - Podiobooks Community website
          Twitter: PGHolyfield
          Skype: pgholyfield
        • Mike Wills
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 4, 2009
            Look at it this way, you have higher download stats now.

            --
            Mike Wills
            http://mikewills.info

            Sent from my iPod Touch