Re: [podcasters] Re: Migrating Feedburner to Google

  • Todd Cochrane
    Message 1 of 29 , Jan 27, 2009
      Stephen

      Your on the premium service and you have access to the graph that shows
      month to month consumption on your show.. We should have a daily/weekly
      consumption graph as well. We have a list of enhancements we are about
      to start working on and I think that would be a good addition. Always
      feel free to drop us suggestions on what info to provide that we done
      currently we have all the data it is just a matter of putting it in the
      correct visual format.. We have had a couple of submissions drawn on a
      piece of paper so we will take any inputs...

      Todd...

      Message 2 of 29 , Jan 27, 2009
        On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 3:38 PM, Todd Cochrane <geeknews@...> wrote:

        > Your on the premium service and you have access to the graph that shows
        > month to month consumption on your show.. We should have a daily/weekly
        > consumption graph as well.

        That sounds very useful. Where are those graphs located? What I see
        is a dropdown allowing me to choose "Summary," "Overall," and all of
        the months that I've been with the service. I also have icons to
        print to a printer or to PDF. (I always choose the printer and then
        "Save as PDF" from my Mac, because the PDF report from RawVoice
        inserts blank pages.)

        The "Overall" and monthly pages have some pie charts for platform,
        client and country, but everything else is tabular totals. There are
        no date graphs anywhere that I can find. Not monthly, weekly, nor
        daily. Just so that there's no confusion on what I'm looking at, I
        saved some screenshots and PDF reports, and uploaded them here:

        http://www.scribd.com/people/documents/7086716/folder/65960

        If I'm missing some obvious in the interface for the date graphs,
        Todd, I'd love to know where to click to see them. And anyone else
        who wants to know what the RawVoice Stats interface looks like...
        Well, there you go. Those are my stats and I freely consent for
        anyone to look at them or share them. Just don't change them, sell
        them, or rickroll them.

        > We have a list of enhancements we are about
        > to start working on and I think that would be a good addition. Always
        > feel free to drop us suggestions on what info to provide that we done
        > currently we have all the data it is just a matter of putting it in the
        > correct visual format.. We have had a couple of submissions drawn on a
        > piece of paper so we will take any inputs...

        Fabulous. Since you're soliciting feedback, a few other minor nits:

        1.) I'm not getting the weekly e-mail reports that I specified in the
        settings.

        2.) The colored country map isn't very useful. The United States (1.1
        million downloads) and Canada (86,000 downloads) are exactly the same
        shade of blue. Some of Europe is a lighter blue, and the rest of the
        world is white even though I know I have downloads in South America.

        3.) When I clicked on the "Full List" link under that country table, I
        got an error popup saying "Premium Users Only." I thought I *am* a
        premium user. You've confirmed in this thread that I'm a premium
        user. I know I paid money for all three podcasts last Spring. Am I
        just configured wrong in your system?

        4.) Finally, I never received any info about creating read-only
        "guest" accounts for advertising clients, which Angelo had said was a
        coming-soon feature when I signed on last March. Is that available
        yet?

        If I can offer any additional information that might help, please let me know.

        Oh... And even if I did have date graphs from RawVoice, that wouldn't
        entirely replace FeedBurner's usefulness for me. They have access to
        different metrics than you do. I use RawVoice to track my download
        stats and FeedBurner to track my feed stats. The two spheres together
        are complementary, and you're both valuable in different ways.

        http://www.escapepod.org
      • Todd Cochrane
        Message 3 of 29 , Jan 27, 2009
          Stephen

          I think I know what may have happened you signed up for our stats
          service before we offered the premium service and your account never got
          upgraded. I have extended your service a year as you should have been on
          Premium since about July. Be sure to let us know immediately if
          something does not look right in the future..

          1. You should be getting those daily emails with the stats data have
          pinged Angelo on that.
          2. The world map feedback is great
          3. Yepp you should be able to see full list versus abridged list.
          4. Email me the username, password and which of the 3 programs you wants
          that account to access.

          Anytime you have a technical issue im a email away or you can submit a
          ticket via the contact link on the website..

          Todd

          > If I'm missing some obvious in the interface for the date graphs,
          > Todd, I'd love to know where to click to see them. And anyone else
          > who wants to know what the RawVoice Stats interface looks like...
          > Well, there you go. Those are my stats and I freely consent for
          > anyone to look at them or share them. Just don't change them, sell
          > them, or rickroll them.

          In the pull down you should see a Tab that says trending (Angelo
          Investigating)