Re: podpress tech question

  • handyguyspodcast
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 27, 2009
      Good try! Yes, with MP4 is loads the QT player for me. Yes, there is a setting in QT for it to
      begin playing before the download completes. Yes, for me this is checked.

      Something else is going on.

      Maybe a more basic question - What format would be ideal for a short, self hosted, video?

      -Handyguy Brian

      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Chris Moody <production@...> wrote:

      > I believe its a configuration issue with your local system player. I
      > believe QuickTime Player, has the option to play only after its received
      > the entire file.
      >
      > handyguyspodcast wrote:
      > >
      > > Anyone willing to help me with a tech question with podpress?
      > >
      > > have been ding audio only. I am experimenting with video. When I add a
      > > video with podpress
      > > it shows the player. When you press play it downloads (caches) the
      > > entire video before it
      > > starts playing. I have seen the issue on other sites but not all.
      > >
      > > What drives this? It doesn't seem to be a podpress config. Does it
      > > have to do with fileformat?
      > > server config?
      > >
      > > Thanks

    • Matthew Wayne Selznick
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 27, 2009
        On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 10:39 AM, handyguyspodcast
        <us@...> wrote:
        > Maybe a more basic question - What format would be ideal for a short, self
        > hosted, video?

        .flv

        --
        Matthew Wayne Selznick
        Author, Podcaster

        Paperback, Ebook, iPhone, Kindle, MP3 CD, Free Podcast
        http://www.bravemenrun.com