Re: [podcasters] podpress tech question

  • Chris Moody
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 27, 2009
      I believe its a configuration issue with your local system player. I
      believe QuickTime Player, has the option to play only after its received
      the entire file.

      handyguyspodcast wrote:

      > Anyone willing to help me with a tech question with podpress?
      >
      > have been ding audio only. I am experimenting with video. When I add a
      > video with podpress
      > it shows the player. When you press play it downloads (caches) the
      > entire video before it
      > starts playing. I have seen the issue on other sites but not all.
      >
      > What drives this? It doesn't seem to be a podpress config. Does it
      > have to do with fileformat?
      > server config?
      >
      > Thanks

    • handyguyspodcast
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 27, 2009
        Good try! Yes, with MP4 is loads the QT player for me. Yes, there is a setting in QT for it to
        begin playing before the download completes. Yes, for me this is checked.

        Something else is going on.

        Maybe a more basic question - What format would be ideal for a short, self hosted, video?

        -Handyguy Brian

        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Chris Moody <production@...> wrote:

        > I believe its a configuration issue with your local system player. I
        > believe QuickTime Player, has the option to play only after its received
        > the entire file.
        >
        > handyguyspodcast wrote:
        > >
        > > Anyone willing to help me with a tech question with podpress?
        > >
        > > have been ding audio only. I am experimenting with video. When I add a
        > > video with podpress
        > > it shows the player. When you press play it downloads (caches) the
        > > entire video before it
        > > starts playing. I have seen the issue on other sites but not all.
        > >
        > > What drives this? It doesn't seem to be a podpress config. Does it
        > > have to do with fileformat?
        > > server config?
        > >
        > > Thanks

      • Matthew Wayne Selznick
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 27, 2009
          On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 10:39 AM, handyguyspodcast
          <us@...> wrote:
          > Maybe a more basic question - What format would be ideal for a short, self
          > hosted, video?

          .flv

          --
          Matthew Wayne Selznick
          Author, Podcaster

          Paperback, Ebook, iPhone, Kindle, MP3 CD, Free Podcast
          http://www.bravemenrun.com