podpress tech question

  • handyguyspodcast
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 27, 2009
      Anyone willing to help me with a tech question with podpress?

      have been ding audio only. I am experimenting with video. When I add a video with podpress
      it shows the player. When you press play it downloads (caches) the entire video before it
      starts playing. I have seen the issue on other sites but not all.

      What drives this? It doesn't seem to be a podpress config. Does it have to do with fileformat?
      server config?

      Thanks
    • Chris Moody
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 27, 2009
        I believe its a configuration issue with your local system player. I
        believe QuickTime Player, has the option to play only after its received
        the entire file.

        handyguyspodcast wrote:

        > Anyone willing to help me with a tech question with podpress?
        >
        > have been ding audio only. I am experimenting with video. When I add a
        > video with podpress
        > it shows the player. When you press play it downloads (caches) the
        > entire video before it
        > starts playing. I have seen the issue on other sites but not all.
        >
        > What drives this? It doesn't seem to be a podpress config. Does it
        > have to do with fileformat?
        > server config?
        >
        > Thanks

      • handyguyspodcast
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 27, 2009
          Good try! Yes, with MP4 is loads the QT player for me. Yes, there is a setting in QT for it to
          begin playing before the download completes. Yes, for me this is checked.

          Something else is going on.

          Maybe a more basic question - What format would be ideal for a short, self hosted, video?

          -Handyguy Brian

          --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Chris Moody <production@...> wrote:

          > I believe its a configuration issue with your local system player. I
          > believe QuickTime Player, has the option to play only after its received
          > the entire file.
          >
          > handyguyspodcast wrote:
          > >
          > > Anyone willing to help me with a tech question with podpress?
          > >
          > > have been ding audio only. I am experimenting with video. When I add a
          > > video with podpress
          > > it shows the player. When you press play it downloads (caches) the
          > > entire video before it
          > > starts playing. I have seen the issue on other sites but not all.
          > >
          > > What drives this? It doesn't seem to be a podpress config. Does it
          > > have to do with fileformat?
          > > server config?
          > >
          > > Thanks

        • Matthew Wayne Selznick
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 27, 2009
            On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 10:39 AM, handyguyspodcast
            <us@...> wrote:
            > Maybe a more basic question - What format would be ideal for a short, self
            > hosted, video?

            .flv

            --
            Matthew Wayne Selznick
            Author, Podcaster

            Paperback, Ebook, iPhone, Kindle, MP3 CD, Free Podcast
            http://www.bravemenrun.com