Re: [podcasters] Best Way to Host Your Own Show Notes?

  • Matthew Wayne Selznick
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 25, 2009
      On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 9:18 AM, Walt Snider <waltsnider@...> wrote:
      > . I'd like to be able to control all 10 blogs (possibly the actual
      > blog blog too?) from 1 interface.

      You could do all your podcasts from one WordPress installation (each
      show with its own dedicated category.) That way folks can subscribe
      to the individual categories (shows) or to the site itself (master
      feed) to get everything.

      > . I'd like the method (drupal?) to also handle enclosures in the RSS
      > feed

      With PodPress, your enclosures are handled in the feed -- I don't
      understand this one.

      Also, a note: when you duplicate content on several different
      websites, you're hurting your search engine ranking for each of those
      sites. Google and most of the other search sites penalize for
      duplicate content. Something to consider, and something that would be
      avoided by taking the one-site-to-rule-them-all approach,

      --
      Matthew Wayne Selznick
      Author, Podcaster, Social Media Authority

      Paperback, Ebook, iPhone, Kindle, MP3 CD, Free Podcast
      http://www.bravemenrun.com