Re: PodPress Well and Truly Dead?

  • G
    Message 1 of 35 , Jan 13, 2009
      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Wayne Selznick" <mwselznick@...> wrote:
      > You can use PodPress w/out turning off revisions by altering a few
      > lines of code in podpress/podpress_admin_class.php:
      >
      > function post_edit($post_id) {
      > GLOBAL $post;
      > if($this->justposted) {
      > return;
      > }
      > $this->justposted = true;
      >
      > // ADD THESE NEXT TWO LINES
      > if ( isset($_POST['post_ID']) && (int) $_POST['post_ID'] )
      > $post_id = (int) $_POST['post_ID'];
      >
      > if($this->checkWritableTempFileDir(false)) {

      I implemented this fix, have not upgraded to 2.7 yet though. Just afraid of breaking it all.
      One of my problems is that Podtrac reporting seems to be broke. I have it enabled, but it
      doesn't redirect through the podtrac url like it should. We've lost out on some Podtrac
      Sponsorship because of this.

      It's the premium content feature that keeps me with PodPress. Our whole Imagination
      Nation is built on that feature.

      Hopefully something will come round soon whether it's a PodPress upgade or PowerPress
      catches up on features.

      Grant
    • Matthew Wayne Selznick
      Message 35 of 35 , Jan 19, 2009
        On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 9:46 PM, David Jackson <jacksongei@...> wrote:
        > Basic customer service is to keep your customers informed.

        Except we're not Dan's customers. We're the beneficiaries of a labor
        of love that was released into the wild for all to enjoy at no cost
        and no obligation.

        I'll bet if someone hired him to upgrade PodPress, it would be done in
        a hurry... but then, the finished product might belong to that
        *customer,* not to the world.

        By the same token, PodPress *is* open source. If anyone else with the
        chops wants to take it on, no one is stopping them. I've said this
        before.

        Unless you're a programmer who can fix it, or a customer who can fund
        it, we don't have the right to expect anything.

        --
        Matthew Wayne Selznick
        Author, Podcaster, Social Media Authority

        Paperback, Ebook, iPhone, Kindle, MP3 CD, Free Podcast
        http://www.bravemenrun.com