Re: [podcasters] Re: PodPress Well and Truly Dead?

  • Matthew Wayne Selznick
    Message 1 of 35 , Jan 13, 2009
      On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 12:00 PM, Waleed Ovase
      <americanbookmoghuls@...> wrote:
      > Does anyone know how his update is going?

      Lolz. Dan's on this list; in fact he's got a message in this thread. Ask him!

      --
      Matthew Wayne Selznick
      Author, Podcaster

      Paperback, Ebook, iPhone, Kindle, MP3 CD, Free Podcast
      http://www.bravemenrun.com
    • Matthew Wayne Selznick
      Message 35 of 35 , Jan 19, 2009
        On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 9:46 PM, David Jackson <jacksongei@...> wrote:
        > Basic customer service is to keep your customers informed.

        Except we're not Dan's customers. We're the beneficiaries of a labor
        of love that was released into the wild for all to enjoy at no cost
        and no obligation.

        I'll bet if someone hired him to upgrade PodPress, it would be done in
        a hurry... but then, the finished product might belong to that
        *customer,* not to the world.

        By the same token, PodPress *is* open source. If anyone else with the
        chops wants to take it on, no one is stopping them. I've said this
        before.

        Unless you're a programmer who can fix it, or a customer who can fund
        it, we don't have the right to expect anything.

        --
        Matthew Wayne Selznick
        Author, Podcaster, Social Media Authority